• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

13 inductees to be honored by the Massachusetts Broadcasters Hall of Fame

Susan Wornick
Ron Della Chiesa
Loren Owens and Wally Brine
Garry Armstrong
Chet Curtis
Ken (Carter) Carberry
Walt Sanders
Jim Britt
Alan Dary
Jack Campbell
Claire Crawford
Richard L. Kay
David Mugar

http://www.massbroadcastershof.org/news.htm

I am dismayed that Mugar was selected. He should be in the Hall of
Shame for the way he ran WNEV/WHDH into the ground and also paving the
way for WHDH radio to vanish forever.

Susan Wornick? Are they serious?

I am pleased with Richard Kay, Jim Britt and Alan Dary.

Before the likes of Warnick, I would like to see Lawrence K. Justice, Arthur McTeague (Dan Donovan, Kevin O'Keefe), Paul Benzaquin, Percy Shain, Streeter Stuart, Jack Craig, Mel Miller, Sherm Feller, Fred Cusick, Bob Copeland, Dave MacNeill, Richard Tucker, Paula Street, David Croninger, Nick Mills, John Pierson, Ed Bell, Vin Maloney, John Masters, Roy Leonard, Frank Avruch, Ed McDonnell, Bill Harrington, Jean Harrington and the Richmond Bros.

Arch Macdonald! Arch MacDonald has to wait for Susan Warnock?

What a complete joke.

How about Joy Berger and Jamie Fields, the ladies behind "The Ruach Hour?" Or Tony Jay, who drove "La Voz Continental?" And let's not forget Tom and Sheila Cummings of the "Irish Hour" radio program. Or John Latchford.

thirdendorsed said:
Before the likes of Warnick, I would like to see Lawrence K. Justice, Arthur McTeague (Dan Donovan, Kevin O'Keefe), Paul Benzaquin, Percy Shain, Streeter Stuart, Jack Craig, Mel Miller, Sherm Feller, Fred Cusick, Bob Copeland, Dave MacNeill, Richard Tucker, Paula Street, David Croninger, Nick Mills, John Pierson, Ed Bell, Vin Maloney, John Masters, Roy Leonard, Frank Avruch, Ed McDonnell, Bill Harrington, Jean Harrington and the Richmond Bros. Arch Macdonald! Arch MacDonald has to wait for Susan Warnock?

You didn't check their list of past honorees/inductees before posting. This has been an annual event since 2007. Some of the broadcasters you mentioned have already been honored and inducted in past years. Paul Benzaquin and Frank Avruch in 2007, Fred Cusick, Arch MacDonald and Ed McDonnell in 2009, Sherm Feller in 2011.

For a list of the past honorees, go to http://www.massbroadcastershof.org and click on Hall of Fame on the homepage.

The honorees from 2007 onward are all worthies, but having just looked at the list, I have to say that the absence of non-Boston-area people is rather glaring. Does anyone agree?

DougD said:
The honorees from 2007 onward are all worthies, but having just looked at the list, I have to say that the absence of non-Boston-area people is rather glaring. Does anyone agree?

John Quill from WWLP Springfield is a no brainer. (1953-2000)

His boss William Putnam is still alive.

Durham Caldwell, the long-time news anchor on WHYN and WHYN-TV (now WGGB). Still with us, AFAIK; long retired.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom