• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

107.5 signal

K

KlassikKountry

I usually can catch them in the city proper, in the car they are listenable, at home, its according to the radio model and location of the antenna. Today, over in Maple Shade they were stronger, in fact all over the Cherry Hill, Maple Shade, Moorestown areas they are clearer than in Philly. This area is further from their Xmtr than the city, it seems they jump over the city and gain strength going east, just like WIFI-92 in the 70's, weak in the city and strong on the eastern/southeastern outskirts, further from their Xmtr.

I can usually get a decent signal from 107.5 in the Marlton area.

I lose it entirely though once I get East of 206.

I wonder if Nassau could broker a deal with WKDN to allow 107.5 to power up twoards Philadelphia...

Press Broadcasting recently brokered a deal with WKDN to allow 107.1 WWZY to power up...

> I can usually get a decent signal from 107.5 in the Marlton
> area.
>
> I lose it entirely though once I get East of 206.
>
> I wonder if Nassau could broker a deal with WKDN to allow
> 107.5 to power up twoards Philadelphia...

No. 107.5 can't move an inch closer to Philadelphia now that 107.9 is on the air there. In fact, 107.5 agreed to install a directional antenna reducing its signal towards Philadelphia in order to allow 107.9 to move in.<P ID="signature">______________
Tower Site Calendar 2006 ON SALE! - <a target="_blank" href=http://www.fybush.com/nerw.html#calendar>www.fybush.com</a></P>

> > I can usually get a decent signal from 107.5 in the
> Marlton
> > area.
> >
> > I lose it entirely though once I get East of 206.
> >
> > I wonder if Nassau could broker a deal with WKDN to allow
> > 107.5 to power up twoards Philadelphia...
>
> No. 107.5 can't move an inch closer to Philadelphia now that
> 107.9 is on the air there. In fact, 107.5 agreed to install
> a directional antenna reducing its signal towards
> Philadelphia in order to allow 107.9 to move in.
>
That explains why I received 107.5 clearer in the 80's, when they were Hot/AC, why did they kiss up to Radio One and mess with their signal toward Philly$$$$$$$$

> I usually can catch them in the city proper, in the car they
> are listenable, at home, its according to the radio model
> and location of the antenna. Today, over in Maple Shade they
> were stronger, in fact all over the Cherry Hill, Maple
> Shade, Moorestown areas they are clearer than in Philly.
> This area is further from their Xmtr than the city, it seems
> they jump over the city and gain strength going east, just
> like WIFI-92 in the 70's, weak in the city and strong on the
> eastern/southeastern outskirts, further from their Xmtr.
>
It because of the terrain. The places that you mention in South Jersey are in the Delaware River basin, and the general topography slopes downhill toward the west and northwest. In other words, you have better line of sight toward "Frank's" transmitter site than do folks in Philly proper.

It is common for listeners on the east side of a river basin or valley to have better reception of stations to the west and vice versa. Up north in New England, you can experience this effect by picking up Boston stations for the second time as you drive westward on I-90 from the CT River valley and Springfield (100 miles west of Boston).

Do you get Allentown/Bethlehem stations in that area reasonably well too? Just curious if that line of sight argument extends that far north.

Great observation, in Cherry Hill I can catch all the LV FM's and also a few AM's like WKAP, funny thing, for some reason when 590 up in Scranton was playing great oldies a few years back, they were also loud and clear and WIP was nulled. But in the city proper WIP was jumping all over 590. This was just a few miles apart.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom