• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

104.9 Bob FM Christmas

Bob has played a lot of good songs. I have never heard "Hallelujah Chorus" as performed by The Boston Pops, although it had no vocals. But there have been a number of bad songs too. And any time I hear one commercial on an iHeart station, I might as well give up and go somewhere else for a while. WMAG in the car has that problem, but at least Bob doesn't have these incredibly annoying station IDs between songs. WMAG is at 99.5 and I never wondered why the signal was so bad around here, but I found out why on a long hill. Dr. Laura??? Must be WRNN.

WEZV has had a lot of problems. For a while it sounded like a clock was ticking in the background (no, wait, sounds like a nervous twitch). The sound goes out if I go to a web site. I may have given my computer too much to do.

I'm dreading Wednesday. I know iHeart has a station that will not likely give up the music, but there was so much repetition. Seriously, can't someone put together all the many good songs I've heard this year in one place I can access online, and just the good songs?

And of course in the car, there's nothing good once December 26 gets here.

Last edited:
The recorded voice said Santa Claus asked for this song, so they had to play it wanted to stay on the nice list.

But it was "Sarajevo" by Trans-Siberian Orchestra, which in my view puts any station on the naughty list.

I can try explaining if you want. I admit I have some trouble figuring out what I meant to say.

The post about "Sarajevo" has an extra word. It should probably say "they had to play it to stay on the nice list." I left out "if they" before "wanted".

If an iHeart station (Bob or WMAG) airs one commercial, you can probably count on so many commercials following that one that you might as well go somewhere else for a while, unless you like commercials.

WMAG doesn't have the best signal where I live, but I never thought the interference was coming from WRNN. That has to be where Dr. Laura was coming from.

WEZV on TuneIn seems to have gotten rid of that ticking sound. The sound going out completely may have been from the computer having too many activities going on at once.

I was right. iHeart Christmas Classics kept playing the music after Christmas was over, but with too much repetition of the same few songs. So many good songs were played on Bob and WEZV that I never heard iHeart play, so iHeart didn't have to keep playing the same songs every two hours.

Will 104.9 Bob FM be going Christmas again this year? I say they will but Easy won't and will stay with just playing Christmas songs every so often. As for anyone else on the beach I doubt it

????

QUOTE=radiolives;6283810]Will 104.9 Bob FM be going Christmas again this year? I say they will but Easy won't and will stay with just playing Christmas songs every so often. As for anyone else on the beach I doubt it[/QUOTE]

I hope both stations do. I jumped back and forth between the two last year. What i heard sounded mostly good. I could do it with K-104.7 and Magic (like Bob, an iHeart station) and I do that in the car.

I'd rather find one good station if someone can tell me what that might be.

Myrtle Beach has 2 Christmas stations. 105.9 is now Christmas branding as Christmas 105.9 and 100.7 dropping Easy name for Christmas. We will see if the Easy branding returns after Christmas.

Word on the street is that Easy changes after Christmas to “ statione metallum” an Hispanic hard rock/metal station. Should be interesting with the growing Spanish speaking population.

Word on the street is that Easy changes after Christmas to “ statione metallum” an Hispanic hard rock/metal station. Should be interesting with the growing Spanish speaking population.

That sounds like a prank. "Statione metallum" is faux Latin.

A radio station in Spanish is, depending on the place, an "estación" or an "emisora" or, in old fashioned terms, a "radiodifusora".

There is not enough Spanish language metal to program 6 hours.

The only truly successful Spanish rock station in all Latin America is in Buenos Aires. There are likely lless than 7 Argentines in your market.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom