• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

103.7 in Long Island nearly by central islip

They are playing Spain Christian music but where?

I've never heard any Christian music from Spain. How is it distinguishable or different from that from other parts of the world?

I mean Spainsph

Spanish, the language. Was it really necessary, David, for you to get into this exchange with a poster who apparently has physical difficulties with typing -- and perhaps difficulties with English -- just to drive home once again your point that Spanish isn't an ethnicity, a format or a genre?

Spanish, the language. Was it really necessary, David, for you to get into this exchange with a poster who apparently has physical difficulties with typing -- and perhaps difficulties with English -- just to drive home once again your point that Spanish isn't an ethnicity, a format or a genre?

Thank you very much. I have a cerebral palsy

That was not my intent. Just as there is Portuguese programming the the Boston / Fall River areas and one has to ask, in each case, if it's Brazilian Portuguese or Portuguese from Portugal, the term "Spanish" could mean programming in the dialect from Spain, particularly in New England where there is historically a population of immigrants from the Iberian Peninsula. That is because in both of these cases, the European varieties of Spanish and Portuguese are very different from the various dialects spoken in the Americas.

My question was about which kind of Spanish.

An example of dialects is the movie "Roma" which took several Oscars this year. In the rest of Latin America, it was shown for Spanish speaking viewers with Spanish subtitles because Mexico City Spanish is a world of itself with extremely different vocabulary, inflections and accent. This has been done in the past for other "authentic" movies from places in Latin America, like Argentina, where the language usage is very significantly different and hard to impossible to understand by folks elsewhere.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom