• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

101.5 fm

Over the past several days, I have been hearing a station in the Downtown and West Nashville areas on 101.5 FM. They are playing an eclectic variety of music, much like what WRVU used to play. Yesterday, I heard one of the air personalities use the call letters WXNA. Is this the station that I read about several months ago that a lot of the air staff behind WRVU were trying to get on the air? When did this station make their debut?

A couple of months ago...they play some good tunes, and their signal can even reach parts of Mt. Juliet.

WXNA has been a few years in the making. Indeed, it is a project with many of the "old" WRVU staff. The studio is in the building with Grimey's on Eighth Avenue, S. Signal is not the greatest, but it certainly fills a void in the market. Like someone said, when you think about the radio dial in the 80's vs. today, in Nashville, you have two times the stations and 1/10th the quality.

I didn't come across the signal at 101.5 until Thursday or Friday of last week. As far as the signal, I started losing the signal on I-24 around Harding Place or so. I agree about Nashville radio in the 80s compared to today, the 80s were much better than today, even though we had far fewer stations to choose from.

I picked it up just fine in Forest Hills yesterday. But here in Bellevue this morning, I am still receiving "The One," WDKN's FM translator, also at 101.5. Six months ago, I was also receiving "The One" whenever I was in Bellevue, but at that time, WXNA was not on the air yet. Pretty strong reach for a Dickson translator, especially since they are not really aiming their programming (or their signal) at us.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom