• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Musicradio 1300

Since Joe lives well outside the station's coverage area, the FCC will probably reject his petition (as they should).

Similarly, there’s a 107.5 translator in Beaumont as well that affects Houston’s 107.5 reception, but that isn’t a problem since it’s beaumont and not Houston we’re considering. Joe should get a life.

Revenge is not your best option. Let karma take care of Joe. wonder if he is still hanging around here. I havent been to beaumont in a while now nut i remember 99.1 having a decent signal . Can you move to another frequency?

Joe threatened me...in a text..I'll post it if anyone is interested..oh he is either reading this forum or has someone for him...he has accused me of sending the bogus FCC letter to him...I didn't and if did,would not have sent it in email...that's easily traced...I do IT as well as broadcast engineering..yeah I've done it all...and have a good reputation in what I do...Joe is a loon in his accusations....he has too much time on his hands...and told me I need to get right with God...that sounded like a personal threat to me...as if something was gonna happen to me....I warned him not to contact me again or else I'll file charges under Texas Electronic Harassment Act...and that's a felony iirc...move?? Not really...every other one puts me on a class C out of Houston...and like I said, a 99.1 250w translator was licensed to Beaumont years ago...didn't see any complaints about it...also talked with the Houston CE of iHeart...he said he was not aware of any complaints or call for complaints from KODA...so whoever is claiming that evidently is full of u know what..

Similarly, there’s a 107.5 translator in Beaumont as well that affects Houston’s 107.5 reception, but that isn’t a problem since it’s beaumont and not Houston we’re considering. Joe should get a life.
Plus 107.5 out of Lake Charles as well....and Martin has ran the power well over legal on the Beaumont 107.5 a few times...Torey who operates KOLE noticed it as well...and iHeart has KCOL for the Beaumont market...they don't give a damn if KODA can or cannot be heard in BPT...KODAs audience is the Houston DMA

KLLS returned to the air tonight at 6:30pm... thanks for Russ Ingram of KBMT television and Robert Coyle of Univision radio for their assistance.. heading home now to file the resumption of operations notice with the FCC. Somebody can go suck an egg now LOL

What a bummer, the reason is a bit bizarre to me. Did they not want the translator anymore?

Dismissed 5/10/2018 per DA 18-256. Applicant failed to file required Form 349 by the May 9, 2018 deadline. No letter sent.

Wonder what chris can share about this. has this AM ever been able to reach Houston with 2kw

Not on 1300, certainly.

The usable signal is about 20% inside the inner red contour. The ITU has stated that the minimum AM signal level for comfortable listening in dense metro areas is 15 mV/m.

The night pattern on KLLS is not the "interference free" contour. That is much smaller than the red contour.

You are correct, I mostly linked the images since they are currently unavailable the usual route. I've found in rural areas the usable signal can extend into about halfway through the "distant" contour on an open channel, more cluttered channels start having issues in the same areas you mentioned.

I have little doubt that KLLS is largely non-existent in Houston, though one might have slightly better luck in South Houston or towards the bay.

I forgot the long form filing window ended on the 8th...thought it was the 18 :( my older brother had just died and I was in a state of confusion..my FCC lawyer is looking into a Petition for Reconsideration..

UKnowIt, I don't know if you're with the FCC or not.
But assuming you are, that's a shame, and I say you should give this guy a break. He's not as bad as some of the other broadcasters out there the FCC is allowing to do whatever they want.

UKnowIt, I don't know if you're with the FCC or not.
But assuming you are, that's a shame, and I say you should give this guy a break. He's not as bad as some of the other broadcasters out there the FCC is allowing to do whatever they want.

As I said, no sympathy. Just issued an hour ago.

SOUTHEAST TEXAS TELECOM, LLC, LICENSEE OF STATION KLLS(AM), BEAUMONT, TEXAS. The Media Bureau issues a $1,500 Forfeiture Order to Southeast Texas Telecom, LLC, for failure to timely file a license renewal application for Station KLLS(AM), Beaumont, Texas. Action by: Chief, Audio Division, Media Bureau. Adopted: 2018-06-12 by Forfeiture Order. (DA No. 18-609). MB.

https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments/DA-18-609A1.txt

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom