• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

May Radio Ratings

Looks like EMF has already moved almost all of the K-Love audience to 97.9. How long before Air-1 gets launched?

WBMX 104.3 has already dropped out of the Top Ten. WLS FM seems to be doing better since K Hits was flipped. Me TV FM stayed constant and in the top ten.

WBMX 104.3 has already dropped out of the Top Ten. WLS FM seems to be doing better since K Hits was flipped. Me TV FM stayed constant and in the top ten.

In 25-54, WBMX moved from 3rd to 4th, which for sales is nearly insignificant.

It looks like WBBM AM is slipping

The "WBBM (AM)" numbers include the FM simulcast; the numbers are within a couple of tenths of a share over the last 8 months. In other words, statistically it has not changed.

San Francisco's, The Breeze (KISQ) which is playing Soft AC is rated third in the San Francisco radio ratings. So why doesn't Chicago's WLIT flip to a Soft AC playlist. They do so well at Christmas and I feel they would do better than their current rating if they flipped. Stations playing this format are doing very well such as WFEX and WDUV. Just my opinion!

The "WBBM (AM)" numbers include the FM simulcast; the numbers are within a couple of tenths of a share over the last 8 months. In other words, statistically it has not changed.

I don't know where you figured out, but their AM station is slipping through not a lot, February 18th they had a 5.3 rating and May 18th siting at a 4.9 rating. Through which rating would you rather have. But if anybody wants a more detailed report, check out Robert Seder's report, as he reports the ratings for the top ten shows or stations for morning drive, mid day, and afternoon drive.

....their AM station is slipping through not a lot....

All news stations typically are prone to slight seasonal fluctuations. Winter in Chicago is known for snowstorms and other types of adverse weather. As well as a minor bump for WBBM 's ratings as listeners tune in for the latest info and updates.

Stagg - I'm afraid you're focusing on the wrong 'BBM. :)

It's BBM-FM (B96) whose numbers caught my eye.

I don't know where you figured out, but their AM station is slipping through not a lot, February 18th they had a 5.3 rating and May 18th siting at a 4.9 rating. Through which rating would you rather have. But if anybody wants a more detailed report, check out Robert Seder's report, as he reports the ratings for the top ten shows or stations for morning drive, mid day, and afternoon drive.

Statistically, a 5.3 and a 4.9 are the same number.

In any case, the May 12+ was 5.1, the April was a 5.0 and for the 6 books prior, the range was 4.6 to a 5.3. That's a mean of 5.0 with only a +/- 0.4 variation, which is indicative of a very stable radio station.

In the business, it's called "wobble" when numbers go up and down a little due to the nature of statistics and not the size of the audience.

In addition, as cyberdad posted, newsers are subject to the news cycle. Some books will just reflect more news activity, including weather.

WBBM (AM) is total line reported along with WCFS and WCFS HD. The numbers even subscribers get do not break WCFS away from the AM numbers.

Stagg - I'm afraid you're focusing on the wrong 'BBM. :)

It's BBM-FM (B96) whose numbers caught my eye.

Clarification for Stagg: WBBM-FM is a music CHR, and has no programming crossover with WBBM (AM).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom