• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

"X"

Does anyone else see an issue with the Fan2 now using "The Sports X?" Doesn't that kind of infringe on 99X?

Anybody could use "X" unless it could be proven in court that there was a copyright or trademark issue.

IMHO The 99X brand lost it's viability when it lost it's original market covering signal.

99X, Fox97, 94Q etc. are gone and will never be on a market covering signal in Atlanta with their original formats. RIP.

Anybody could use "X" unless it could be proven in court that there was a copyright or trademark issue.

IMHO The 99X brand lost it's viability when it lost it's original market covering signal.

99X, Fox97, 94Q etc. are gone and will never be on a market covering signal in Atlanta with their original formats. RIP.

Power 99 came back as Power 96 with the same format! And Q100 isn't far off from 94Q.

Hey I was curious - Is it possible that this organic and creative “alt” moniker both Entercom and Iheartradio is using has anything to do with Alt Nation name used for the Sirius XM Alternative station? I’m just curious. Iheartradio has a “Z” and a “Kiss” on XM.

Friend has said he could see, long in the future, Sirius XM taking over some of the terrestrial signals providing similar playlists with commercials. Interesting thought but not so sure I see that.

As I recall, some time ago, a trademark court said to Intel they couldn't trademark a number or a letter. So the name "pentium" was created.

Hey I was curious - Is it possible that this organic and creative “alt” moniker both Entercom and Iheartradio is using has anything to do with Alt Nation name used for the Sirius XM Alternative station? I’m just curious. Iheartradio has a “Z” and a “Kiss” on XM.

Friend has said he could see, long in the future, Sirius XM taking over some of the terrestrial signals providing similar playlists with commercials. Interesting thought but not so sure I see that.

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/...ring-40-iheartmedia-bankruptcy-restructuring/

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom