• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Former RKO/Current PRO Host John DePetro retires unexpectedly xmas eve.

He was off the air most of the month of December with an undisclosed medical issue. Posted to his web site (www.depetro.com) on xmas eve that he was leaving his show effective immediately. 52 years old, doesn't sound too good. Now PRO is scrambling to find a new mid-morning host, 2nd major loss since the unexpected death of Buddy Cianci about a year ago which left the station's lineup in turmoil and still recovering.

Krazy K00000nah spoon-fed his audience the (delusional?) claim he was being moved to noon in order to get the ratings up and then "go national". I think that was... umm... 2 years ago now, and Howie has more stations than K000nah.

Bill's moving to new digs in the Waltham area I hear, maybe he needed the $$$ for the rent.

DePetro now owns all the intellectual property associated with his show, including some material which used to air on WPRO. He likewise wants to syndicate, but the focus of his show seems to be local, rather than national, so I doubt there's much demand for Rhode Island talk in, say, California.

Krazy K00000nah spoon-fed his audience the (delusional?) claim he was being moved to noon in order to get the ratings up and then "go national". I think that was... umm...

Yes...he said they were building the station around him being the anchor! ;-)

Yes...he said they were building the station around him being the anchor! ;-)

Well, he's been an anchor... for their ratings :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom