• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Bring it back Boston

I so agree with both...especially WEEI Newsradio 590. I was a news junkie because of that station.

I used to love the short features they would sprinkle into the news format. You used to get a LOT of information, instead of the 3 line news story in between tons of commercials that you get on WBZ.

Anyone remember:

In the Lions Den, w/ Jeffrey Lyons.
Dr. Gabe Merkin on Fitness
Spectrum
Reporters Journal
Lou Adler on Medicine
In the Learning Center w/ Dr. Lonnie Carton
Book Beat

And of course good commentary:

Morley Safers Journal
Dan Rather Reporting
Mike Wallace at Large

Graham lost his Cumulus gig in Atlanta in mid-2016. Supposedly, he's working in DC but not in radio; not sure.

Where Graham is now

He appeared on WRKO yesterday morning with VB. I didn't catch the segment so I do not know what was discussed, or, if he's looking to make a return to radio.

I seem to recall from his TKK days that his second wife worked (or worked, I also seem to recall him discussing she had MS on the air) in media as well, so perhaps he's going to leverage some of her contacts to further his career at this point. At the moment it seems most of his facebook and twitter postings are links to articles at the Weekly Standard and Washington Examiner (isn't this were Krazy Kuhnah held his prestigious post of "foreign affairs news editor" or something to that effect?) which is owned by the "MediaDC" group, according to his posting. The job description seems to focus on social media, which I would think Graham is a bit old for (social media creative outlets seem to be more Millenial-oriented)

But, yeah, Graham, Severin, McPhee; would love Jim and Margery but that ain't gonna happen. Andelman Brothers, Mel Robbins, Hank Morse on weekends....

Severin's disappeared off the face of the planet, from what I've heard (which is, nobody's heard anything from him), after he lost the gig with The Blaze. I've heard Mel appears periodically as a commentator on CNN or MSNBC (forget which). Not sure how McPhee's gig at WMEX is working out for her, I gather once you get 10 miles from the transmitter you lose the signal (I can never pick it up anywhere I travel, unless I want to stream it). My wife listens to NPR in the car (a habit I have desperately attempted to break her of) so I've caught bits and pieces of Jim and Margery when I've gotten into the car with her and she's had the radio on, it doesn't sound like they've changed much, just older now, like all of us. Googling Morse yields a page on WROR, but I never listen so I do not know if it is cached or live.

I recall Carr was going to make the jump to TKK, isn't that when RKO dropped the hammer on him to enforce his contract?

My point being that two posters to this thread have expressed a wish for 96.9 WTKK to return. And now I would like to be the third to do so.

I'd be happy with a decent local talk station on weekends which has something other than financial shows selling me annuities or estate planning services. Up until mid December I could catch Schilling's show on Howie's network, and then switch over to WPRO for John Mclaughlin's show on Saturdays. Sundays are a complete bust.

Now when I work outside weekends, I have to find an oldies station to listen to while I'm driving nails.

Last edited:
Where Graham is now

Googling Morse yields a page on WROR, but I never listen so I do not know if it is cached or live.

Hank does the traffic reports for the Loren and (now retired) Wally Morning Show on WROR. Since Wally retired, he's now also doing the brief sports reports that Wally used to do. He also hosts the nightly 80s at 8 show although that show is undoubtedly taped. This past week, with Loren Owens and newsreader Lauren Beckam Falcone on vacation, he also acted as the newsreader for the week and he and Brian Bell, the producer, acted as the show's hosts.

Hank also used to be the newsreader for country station WKLB's morning show although I honestly have no idea if he still does that ever since WKLB changed morning personnel a while back.

I'm glad Morse is doing well. He always seemed like a decent, affable fellow.

My days of listening to Mr. Pierce and the BSO predate Ozawa......Eric Liensdorf was conductor...I used to WATCH on channel 2 and LISTEN to the (stereo) simulcast on WGBH-FM 89.7.....
Gone....but certainly NOT forgotten!!!:)

There is in the possession of a friend of mine a heavily edited tape (probably by former WCRB announcer Don Dolloff) of a Boston Symphony concert from the Leinsdorf era. All there is is Pierce repeating the second syllable of Mr. Leinsdorf's last name, over applause: Dorf, dorf, dorf, dorf.... dorf dorf dorf, dorf dorf (audience applauds)... dorf, dorf, dorf, dorf... dorf dorf dorf, dorf dorf (applause) etc. Dolloff was quite a joker; another recording spliced together by hm consisted of all the bits of tape Dave MacNeill cut out of one of his interviews and left on the studio floor. Dolloff collected them all and spliced them together: Umm, err... (cough)... errrr, ummmm, uhhhh...

Where Graham is now

He appeared on WRKO yesterday morning with VB. I didn't catch the segment so I do not know what was discussed, or, if he's looking to make a return to radio.

I seem to recall from his TKK days that his second wife worked (or worked, I also seem to recall him discussing she had MS on the air) in media as well, so perhaps he's going to leverage some of her contacts to further his career at this point. At the moment it seems most of his facebook and twitter postings are links to articles at the Weekly Standard and Washington Examiner (isn't this were Krazy Kuhnah held his prestigious post of "foreign affairs news editor" or something to that effect?) which is owned by the "MediaDC" group, according to his posting. The job description seems to focus on social media, which I would think Graham is a bit old for (social media creative outlets seem to be more Millenial-oriented)

Severin's disappeared off the face of the planet, from what I've heard (which is, nobody's heard anything from him), after he lost the gig with The Blaze. I've heard Mel appears periodically as a commentator on CNN or MSNBC (forget which). Not sure how McPhee's gig at WMEX is working out for her, I gather once you get 10 miles from the transmitter you lose the signal (I can never pick it up anywhere I travel, unless I want to stream it). My wife listens to NPR in the car (a habit I have desperately attempted to break her of) so I've caught bits and pieces of Jim and Margery when I've gotten into the car with her and she's had the radio on, it doesn't sound like they've changed much, just older now, like all of us. Googling Morse yields a page on WROR, but I never listen so I do not know if it is cached or live.

I recall Carr was going to make the jump to TKK, isn't that when RKO dropped the hammer on him to enforce his contract?

I'd be happy with a decent local talk station on weekends which has something other than financial shows selling me annuities or estate planning services. Up until mid December I could catch Schilling's show on Howie's network, and then switch over to WPRO for John Mclaughlin's show on Saturdays. Sundays are a complete bust.

Now when I work outside weekends, I have to find an oldies station to listen to while I'm driving nails.

Yep, almost peed my pants when I heard the 'TKK opening to Michael Graham's show when 'RKO came out of the 9:00 news Friday morning. However, with all the chatter in my kitchen at the time I heard little, if any, of the segment. (Oooh, wait - I could go to 'RKO's site and hear it there, I suppose.) As for his wife's having MS or being in media herself, I'm not aware of such, but I'll go with that for now.

Kuhner wrote for the Washington Times, not either of the two papers you referenced.

Hank Morse did a Saturday morning talk show on 'TKK. He co-hosted with Matt Shearer, who became producer of the TJ Morning Show on AMP 103.3, and then took over Mel Robbins' slot when she left. He is still with Greater Beasley, as pointed out by another poster.

J&M were hilarious mornings on 'TKK; the double entendres from Braude were superb. Methinks that type of humor would not fly well at 89.7.

For the record, despite his controversies, suspensions et al, I'll take Severin over Glenn Beck ANY day. The latter is overbearing to the nth degree.

Yep, almost peed my pants when I heard the 'TKK opening to Michael Graham's show when 'RKO came out of the 9:00 news Friday morning. However, with all the chatter in my kitchen at the time I heard little, if any, of the segment. (Oooh, wait - I could go to 'RKO's site and hear it there, I suppose.) As for his wife's having MS or being in media herself, I'm not aware of such, but I'll go with that for now.

Kuhner wrote for the Washington Times, not either of the two papers you referenced.

Hank Morse did a Saturday morning talk show on 'TKK. He co-hosted with Matt Shearer, who became producer of the TJ Morning Show on AMP 103.3, and then took over Mel Robbins' slot when she left. He is still with Greater Beasley, as pointed out by another poster.

J&M were hilarious mornings on 'TKK; the double entendres from Braude were superb. Methinks that type of humor would not fly well at 89.7.

For the record, despite his controversies, suspensions et al, I'll take Severin over Glenn Beck ANY day. The latter is overbearing to the nth degree.

My Graham recollections may be faulty. I was also referring to wife #2, not wife #1 (Jennifer Graham), who periodically wrote a guest column for a Boston newspaper and authored a blog about running, not sure what she is doing now. Graham was also notorious for poking fun at his family (seem to recall he said his family used snakes during their religious ceremonies) so who really knows if what he said (assuming my recollection is correct) was accurate or not.

I stand corrected on Kuhner's paper -- I recalled it was in Washington, and not the Post.

Beck was at his prime during his 5pm Fox show, which I used to DVR to watch when I got home. Since then its been a continuous downward spiral. Not sure if its mental health, his alcohol addiction, or a combination of the two. I cannot listen to him.

Yeah, Hank is one of the nicest and hardest-working guys in the biz. I really don't miss Graham or Severin, and the Friday morning shows the Andelman brothers did on TKK near the end were like Dada radio - you never knew what was going to happen. Most of the other TKK folks were great though. I do miss the Phil Hendrie show late nights, that guy is off the charts funny IMHO.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom