• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Same-market CHR and Hot AC stations that try to compete with each other?

tall_guy1

Star Participant
While to some extent that is true in every case, what stations specifically try to pick up on one another? I think Atlanta it's kind of True with Q100 taking on Star 94. Any other examples?

While to some extent that is true in every case, what stations specifically try to pick up on one another? I think Atlanta it's kind of True with Q100 taking on Star 94. Any other examples?

Star 94 is also competing not only with Q100, but also, Power 96.1 (which 96.1 is doing better than both Q and Star).

With B98.7 coming to Tampa, it will compete with Magic, Hot, and FLZ.

Orlando has XL vs. Mix 105.1

There is overlap in audience and playlist, but CHR and Hot AC are technically targeting two different demographics. That being said, pretty much ANY market anymore with a Hot AC and CHR in the same market, they'll be battling, unless they're both owned by the same company, then you'll see the owner to attempt SOME separation.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom