• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Jack fm

Do you think Jack fm could get a format change

Why? It continues to do well in ratings, and is Entercom's second-highest rated station in DFW next to KLUV. Most I see happening is the Jack branding getting dropped if/when they lose the rights to the Jack brand, but keep the Adult Hits format and airstaff just under a different name.

I don't think any of the Entercom properties are at any risk of dumping formats.

KLIF on the other hand, I'm not sure what you could do to save that. Even worse for KFXR, or does KFXR even encode PPM?

I don't think any of the Entercom properties are at any risk of dumping formats.

KLIF on the other hand, I'm not sure what you could do to save that. Even worse for KFXR, or does KFXR even encode PPM?

It encodes, and occasionally shows with a 0.1

I'm just surprised that in 2019, we are still talking about radio stations starting with the word "Jack".... :)

no more nonsensical than your question if Jack might change their format. Why would you ask? Have you heard something?

It’s ratings are in the 3.0 to 4.0 range which is mediocre

As people have said numerous times on this forum, those numbers don’t mean anything. They’re called 12+, and they’re given out to the public for free. Radio companies, programmers and advertisers don’t care about those, only about in demographic ratings, which are not publicly released. Just because Jack’s sitting at a 3.1, that doesn’t mean they’re going to change formats like that. In their key demos, I’m guessing they’re doing just fine.

Just because Jack’s sitting at a 3.1, that doesn’t mean they’re going to change formats like that. In their key demos, I’m guessing they’re doing just fine.

They may seem mediocre, but they're the #2 station in the Entercom cluster. If they're going to blow something up, it might be KVIL.

Jack is a low-cost operation that gets pretty good demos everywhere it's run. That's why it's lasted this long.

Jack is a low-cost operation that gets pretty good demos everywhere it's run. That's why it's lasted this long.

I do find it interesting that it has broke normal jockless model of Jack stations, and it seems to be doing really well. Like I said, if they ever have to ditch the Jack name, the station would definitely keep the format because it does really well.

As people have said numerous times on this forum, those numbers don’t mean anything. They’re called 12+, and they’re given out to the public for free. Radio companies, programmers and advertisers don’t care about those, only about in demographic ratings, which are not publicly released. Just because Jack’s sitting at a 3.1, that doesn’t mean they’re going to change formats like that. In their key demos, I’m guessing they’re doing just fine.

And KJKK averaged 2nd in 25-54 in the Jan-Feb-Mar rolling average. That is not a station that is going to go away... a 5.6 is hardly "mediocre".

I do find it interesting that it has broke normal jockless model of Jack stations, and it seems to be doing really well. Like I said, if they ever have to ditch the Jack name, the station would definitely keep the format because it does really well.

There are a couple Jack stations that have done that. I think Denver may be the other one.

But you're right, it was a corporate move made by CBS about ten years ago. They bought it in a bunch of major markets. Its still doing well at KCBS too. I imagine at some point the Entercom bean counters will do what you say.

In Indianapolis, "Jack" added jocks, but eventually dropped the Jack moniker and branding, becoming Classic Hits 104.5.

There are a couple Jack stations that have done that. I think Denver may be the other one.

But you're right, it was a corporate move made by CBS about ten years ago. They bought it in a bunch of major markets. Its still doing well at KCBS too. I imagine at some point the Entercom bean counters will do what you say.

In Indianapolis, "Jack" added jocks, but eventually dropped the Jack moniker and branding, becoming Classic Hits 104.5.

Wouldn't happen here due to sister station KLUV, it'd be interesting to see 100.3 drop the jack branding but I see no advantage of doing so.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom