• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Bio Natural

nowradioguy

Star Participant
I could be wrong, but I’m hearing this ad on WBZ for a.cannabis-related product named “Bio Natural”. The VO announcer sounds a whole lot like none other than Rod Fritz. Can anyone confirm?

I could be wrong, but I’m hearing this ad on WBZ for a.cannabis-related product named “Bio Natural”. The VO announcer sounds a whole lot like none other than Rod Fritz. Can anyone confirm?

What does "cannabis-related" mean?

What does "cannabis-related" mean?

In this case, the product is a CBD oil. In most states, these are limited to 0.25%-0.3% THC content, so they are not psychoactive but some users believe they promote a sense of calmness and pain relief.

In this case, the product is a CBD oil. In most states, these are limited to 0.25%-0.3% THC content, so they are not psychoactive but some users believe they promote a sense of calmness and pain relief.

They were recently OK'd here in Connecticut, where legal sales of marijuana are still restricted to medical users.

I really don't give a rat's patootie about the product, its ingredients, or its alleged benefits. I'm just interested in knowing if iHeart got Rod Fritz to do the ad, since both WBZ and iHeart are mentioned in the ad.

However, nearly all CBD is refined from hemp, not cannabis. It's just too expensive to use cannabis for that purpose and, of course, CBD is legal while cannabis is illegal in most states still.

The use of CBD is not yet well researched, but Cornell has done research on its use with arthritis in dogs and demonstrated its effectiveness; it works for my dog that was not able to walk on her hind legs!

The big radio companies have been discussing this subject, and have begun asking their air talent if they'd be willing to voice these ads. So yes its possible at some point you might hear a known personality voicing ads for these products. They have to approve, and usually get compensated. Boston is an AFTRA town. But I have no knowledge about the specific ad you heard.

The big radio companies have been discussing this subject, and have begun asking their air talent if they'd be willing to voice these ads. So yes its possible at some point you might hear a known personality voicing ads for these products. They have to approve, and usually get compensated. Boston is an AFTRA town. But I have no knowledge about the specific ad you heard.

I haven't heard the ad in question, but the host in question Rod Fritz was "let go" from WBZ about a year ago, and as far as I know is not currently working in radio.

If that is him on this ad, perhaps he may be doing voiceover work and got to voice the ad that happened to appear on his former station that way, but I really don't know.

I haven't heard the ad in question, but the host in question Rod Fritz was "let go" from WBZ about a year ago, and as far as I know is not currently working in radio.

If that is him on this ad, perhaps he may be doing voiceover work and got to voice the ad that happened to appear on his former station that way, but I really don't know.

Eli,

As usual, you came through and actually addressed my question, which, admittedly, should've had a better title than "Bio Natural".

I asked if that were Rod Fritz, fully aware that iHeart had let him go about a year ago. And since the ad mentions both WBZ and iHeart, if it is indeed Rod Fritz doing the VO, then is a definite ironic twist.

Thanks for piping in.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom