• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Former Mickey Mouse Club Cast Member Dennis Day dead at 76

Read the article. No identification has been made!

semoochie is technically correct. No ID has been made. But 1+1 = 2 and the fact that he has not been seen for 8 months would lead one to the conclusion this is the sad demise of Day in Southern Oregon. He had a room mate at his residence according to sources, but it is too soon to know what really happened.

semoochie is technically correct. No ID has been made. But 1+1 = 2 and the fact that he has not been seen for 8 months would lead one to the conclusion this is the sad demise of Day in Southern Oregon. He had a room mate at his residence according to sources, but it is too soon to know what really happened.

...except for the fact that they checked his house when he went missing! This leaves me to believe that in his absence, someone else controlled the house and committed the crime.

https://www.wmur.com/article/body-f...ginal-mouseketeer-missing-for-months/27069915

Police in Phoenix, Oregon, on Thursday requested that investigators from Medford examine a body found at the home of Day.

Day, 76, was reported missing July 15 by his husband, Ernie Caswell, who suffers from memory loss. Caswell was in a hospital when he reported Day missing.

Day’s car on July 26 was found at the Oregon coast. A missing person report said Day had “uncharacteristically” left his dog with a friend on the day he disappeared.

The Spouse reported Day Missing but so far we have not found out a connection in his role in the death investigation though.

https://nypost.com/2019/06/07/body-found-in-home-confirmed-to-be-missing-mousekeeter-dennis-day/

Update

A body found at the Oregon home of an original member of Disney’s “The Mickey Mouse Club” has been confirmed to be former Mouseketeer Dennis Day, state police and relatives said.

Day, 76, who was among the show’s original cast of child actors in the 1950s, was reported missing in July by his husband, Ernie Caswell, who was hospitalized at the time and suffers from memory loss, the Oregonian reports.

A body was then found in April at Day’s home in Phoenix, Oregon, and state police confirmed Thursday that a medical examiner’s office has identified the remains as the missing man, who “uncharacteristically” left his dog with a friend prior to his disappearance, according to missing persons reports. Despite their efforts, investigators were unable to utilize dental records or DNA due to the condition of the remains,” state police said in a statement. “The investigation remains ongoing by the Oregon State Police.”

I'm not familiar with him but Alice on "Alice" had trouble explaining to Mel who Joel Grey was, and Mel referred to him as "Dennis Day".

I'm not sure whether I saw episodes with him. I saw a version of "Mickey Mouse Club" years ago but don't remember whether these were the classic episodes or a newer version. I know for sure I wasn't watching when Britney, Justin and Christina were on it.

I'm not familiar with him but Alice on "Alice" had trouble explaining to Mel who Joel Grey was, and Mel referred to him as "Dennis Day".

I'm not sure whether I saw episodes with him. I saw a version of "Mickey Mouse Club" years ago but don't remember whether these were the classic episodes or a newer version. I know for sure I wasn't watching when Britney, Justin and Christina were on it.

I am reasonably certain that any reference to Dennis Day on "Alice" referred to the famous singer, who was part of Jack Benny's entourage for decades. I sincerely doubt if very many people had any idea that Mouseketeer Dennis' last name was Day.

I am reasonably certain that any reference to Dennis Day on "Alice" referred to the famous singer, who was part of Jack Benny's entourage for decades. I sincerely doubt if very many people had any idea that Mouseketeer Dennis' last name was Day.
I was thinking Mel was referring to a different person.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/07/us/mouseketeer-dennis-day-man-arrested/index.html

Update a man has been arrested in Dennis Day's Death.

(CNN)A man has been arrested in the death of Dennis Day, one of the first cast members of the 1950s TV show, "The Mickey Mouse Club."

Daniel James Burda, 36, was arrested Friday and has been charged with second-degree manslaughter, criminally negligent homicide, abuse of a corpse, criminal mistreatment and identity theft, according to Oregon State Police.
It was not immediately clear whether Burda had an attorney.
Day, 76, had been missing for nearly a year before police announced they had found his body in June, two months after discovering his remains in his southern Oregon home.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom