• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WOGL Playing More 70s now than they have the past 2 Years

It's about time. With everything in their library why play the same 200 tracks?

WOGL plays just under 450 different songs each week, and has a total of around 600 songs that get played at least once a month.

A radio consultant in NY or LA shouldn't tell what people in Philly want to here.

Local listeners, via research, "tell" the station what to play.

As BigA says, neither of your statements are true.

As BigA says, neither of your statements are true.

Having said that, regardless of how many songs they play, or how they decide to pick them, this is one of the highest rated stations in Philadelphia.

So obviously the people have spoken: This is what they want to hear.

Having said that, regardless of how many songs they play, or how they decide to pick them, this is one of the highest rated stations in Philadelphia.

So obviously the people have spoken: This is what they want to hear.

So far this is a great read. I find the progression of WCBS-FM to be interesting. They are a totally well-executed NYC station that manages to reflect all the elements of what has shaped NYC over the past 30 years, but they also don't rest on their laurels. One of the most interesting format kickers is their "Oh Wow Wednesday." They are not afraid to throw something completely out of left field on the air, but they basically warn their listeners of a potential shock and awe song, making it fun. I think that it provides them with great listener info and reaction that keeps them keeping the station on the fast track, innovative and fresh, while still being a classic hits format.

So far this is a great read. I find the progression of WCBS-FM to be interesting. They are a totally well-executed NYC station that manages to reflect all the elements of what has shaped NYC over the past 30 years, but they also don't rest on their laurels. One of the most interesting format kickers is their "Oh Wow Wednesday." They are not afraid to throw something completely out of left field on the air, but they basically warn their listeners of a potential shock and awe song, making it fun. I think that it provides them with great listener info and reaction that keeps them keeping the station on the fast track, innovative and fresh, while still being a classic hits format.

One video I saw on Facebook from Broadway Bill for Oh Wow Wednesday this past week was Are You Gonna Be My Girl from JET from 2004!

One video I saw on Facebook from Broadway Bill for Oh Wow Wednesday this past week was Are You Gonna Be My Girl from JET from 2004!

I love oh wow wednesday, but it's one song per hour (heavily staged) on one day a week.

When the times comes they are going to sit a bunch of people who are 35-48 years old and play them snipits of 90s songs and ask them to turn a knob to the right if they like it and left if they don't. This is why Mc Hammer will be an oh wow cut and Mo Money mo problems will be a format staple.

I don't think they are going to find enough common consensus music from the decade but it can be filled out with 2k songs and older songs from the 80s that still test.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom