• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

iHeart and me

It takes Talk1200 three days to get their act together. Every Monday and most Tuesdays they air the news broadcast from the prior Thursday and the traffic report from either the prior Thursday or Friday nite. Also included in the days old newscast is the weather - it's kind of funny listening to the repeat of the news w/weather and then hear the current weather forecast. I don't understand why this constantly happens. I emailed them about two weeks ago and asked for a response and they have yet to respond.

The automation must not be programmed properly. A few years back Country 92.5 (Talk 1200's sister station in Hartford) used to run the "After Midnight" radio network. One night it didn't switch over and beginning at Midnight all that was heard on Country 92.5 was Commercials, Liners, Jingles, and Traffic Reports from the previous morning's morning show. It was also sad because the traffic report mentioned an accident on I-84 in Hartford that later in the day turned out to be fatal.

I can understand some of the issues at Talk 1200 but what about Worcester’s WTAG?

I tuned in for the 4 p.m. news and traffic break Wednesday afternoon. They have a live afternoon show with a producer and they ran a traffic report from the morning. And this isn’t the 1st time this has happened.

While on my rant, why does WTAG continue using the iHeart Albany, NY news hub? You would think they would have switched to the local hub long ago. They have 3 local headlines at best (many from a day or 2 ago) and claim to be Worcester’s news station.

And although their live and local in AM & PM drive, it’s pretty much all National talk with minimal local focus. Why have local hosts, if you’re all Trump all the time?

I can understand some of the issues at Talk 1200 but what about Worcester’s WTAG?

I tuned in for the 4 p.m. news and traffic break Wednesday afternoon. They have a live afternoon show with a producer and they ran a traffic report from the morning. And this isn’t the 1st time this has happened.

While on my rant, why does WTAG continue using the iHeart Albany, NY news hub? You would think they would have switched to the local hub long ago. They have 3 local headlines at best (many from a day or 2 ago) and claim to be Worcester’s news station.

And although their live and local in AM & PM drive, it’s pretty much all National talk with minimal local focus. Why have local hosts, if you’re all Trump all the time?

All these talk shows are all the same. No matter who is in office. All the same. "It's Bush's fault. It's Obama's fault. It's Trump's fault." I don't listen to any of that crap.

When I do listen to talk radio it's lifestyle talk.

Consumer Advocate Clark Howard
Dr. Joy Browne (when she was still alive)
Car Talk (when that show was still airing)
Money Pit Radio (home repair advice show)
Kim Komando (Technology Talk)
The Food Schmooze (Local show on Connecticut Public Radio)

I don't listen to sports talk either. Why would I care to listen to some blow-hard's opinion for 4 hours about my favorite teams?

Good point Marc. I do listen to the political shows, but also listen to shows like Kim Komando (The Digital Goddess), Rudy Maxa's World with the Carey's (Travel), and on Satellite Radio - or with a subscription - Dr. Laura (lifestyle advice - and she's really become very fair based over the years, too).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom