• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Merediths Portland My Network affiliate gets renamed Fox Plus.

They have never been called My Network TV even though they are affiliated with them. They've been called PDX-TV. But I guess they're following the trends of the O&Os.

They have never been called My Network TV even though they are affiliated with them. They've been called PDX-TV. But I guess they're following the trends of the O&Os.

And PDX 49 before hand. Not only that, local news on the weekends at 8 and 9 p.m. on FOX 12 Plus.

Well Minneapolis had a similar issue where the My Network TV affiliate owned by Fox had renamed themselves Fox9 plus after the primary Fox O&O KMSP-TV in the market.

I think Phoenix and a few others besides the Fox owned Duopoly in San Francisco where the secondary station got renamed as Fox Plus because of ratings reasons just in case the Primary Fox Owned station has to pre-empt shows for breaking news or Sports schedule conflicts by Fox came into play.

I'm not sure how many My Network TV affiliates not owned by Fox will also use the Fox Plus name like Sinclair, Nexstar and others will start doing the same thing.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom