• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Changes at WOMC

That was where I pointed out that Entercom could soon flip 98.7 AMP Radio to AC with the 90s music moving to that station, making it a parallel move that happened in Philadelphia last year.

No, he wasn't on. It appears he is also done at the station. He and Stacey had a good run, especially considering he followed a radio legend, Dick Purtan in that timeslot.

Entercom apparently wants to put their own imprint on the station. They shouldn't need to tweak too much as WOMC is consistently one of the highest rated stations in the market.

As Mike pointed out, they seem to be making changes to AMP, so the tweaks to WOMC may be to open up a wider niche for AMP. Maybe this will become clearer soon or maybe it's just poorly executed tweaking from the new management.

That was where I pointed out that Entercom could soon flip 98.7 AMP Radio to AC with the 90s music moving to that station, making it a parallel move that happened in Philadelphia last year.

Looking through the RI article not written by you, aaaaand...no comment from you.

Don't take credit for something you didn't do.

I think that Bobby was taken by surprise. He was on vacation and planning on coming back and then told not to come back to work. Too bad. Bobby & Stacey did a good morning show for WOMC.

They did. I hope Bobby finds another radio gig. If Stacey wants one, I hope she does too, but I'm not sure she's seeking one.

I'm not sure that the person they have covering mornings now is the intended replacement. I think she's a placeholder until a new morning show is named.

Stacy is looking for another radio gig. If the question is, is she looking for a new radio gig anywhere in the country, the answer is probably no. But Detroit, that would be yes.

It won't be easy, but if a station flips to AC, she'd be a proven voice with success in that format. Seems like a really nice lady, so I hope it works out for her.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom