• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Boston news anchor Alaina Pinto Fired

I'm sorry but I'm glad she got fired for violating it. As Jim Lehrer once said, "I am not in the entertainment business." Neither should she or any other journalist who's sole job is to report and give the news, that's it.

I'm sorry but I'm glad she got fired for violating it. As Jim Lehrer once said, "I am not in the entertainment business." Neither should she or any other journalist who's sole job is to report and give the news, that's it.

Just being in an Adam Sandler movie should have been grounds for dismissal. :D

But the problem is TV is essentially by nature, an entertainment medium, just see how much money goes the visual end of it to attract advertisers and viewers. Otherwise it will just be like newspapers. With how much the TV News industry has devolved and the pitfalls at "at will" contracts, (which gives upper hand to employers to do as they please no matter how morally and ethically, financially wrong), getting a Adam Sandler cameo is actually a step up and could provide much more money. Heck, the late LA news legend Jerry Duphny was a pitchman before he joined KNXT/KCBS as anchor in the 60's! And newscasts that had the sponsor's name in title were very common, not much different from the anchor wardrobe tag at the end of the newscast. Speaking of LA, news anchors there make cameos in movies all of time, the stations doesn't bat a eye. I bet the firing will be the best thing that ever happened to Alaina, as can be more successful and make a more honest living as an actress or IG influencer if she wants to leaves news. I won't be surprised of Adam hits her up for future movies.

Yes as I said previous, maybe it isn't really that she was in a film. It might be more that she didn't --I'm guessing-- inform ch7 first: she just did it.
And yes there are lots of news personnel that have made appearances including Tom Ellis, The Mclaughlin Group, and even the esteemed Jim Lehrer who did Zoolander2 if only in a clip from the News Hour.

Yes as I said previous, maybe it isn't really that she was in a film. It might be more that she didn't --I'm guessing-- inform ch7 first: she just did it.
And yes there are lots of news personnel that have made appearances including Tom Ellis, The Mclaughlin Group, and even the esteemed Jim Lehrer who did Zoolander2 if only in a clip from the News Hour.

Didn't one of the Boston TV reporters make an appearance in "Mystic River," which was set in Boston?

Didn't one of the Boston TV reporters make an appearance in "Mystic River," which was set in Boston?
Can't comment on "Mystic Pizza"..... but......
Let's see.....
jack Hynes of (then) WHDH-TV Channel 5 played himself in "The Boston Strangler" with Tony Curtis....
Howard K. Smith appeared briefly in "Close Encounters of the Third Kind".....
John Palmer played himself in a movie (name escapes me) with Kurt Russell and Mariel Hemingway....
.....just to name a few......

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom