• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Marconi Awards

The Tampa market has several stations and personalities nominated for the prestigious Marconi Awards this year.

Large Market Personality of the Year
Jack Harris WFLA
Mike Calta WHPT

Large Market Station of the Year
WXTB
WMTX

Classic Hits Station of the Year
WXGL

Spanish Station of the Year
WYUU

We should be proud to have so many nominees in our market.

We should be proud to have so many nominees in our market.
Why should I be proud of something that I played no part in?
Should I be proud of a successful sports team that coincidentally happens to be in my home city?
What about a young child who has never contributed anything to society but is told to be proud of a school or country?

Why should I be proud of something that I played no part in?
Should I be proud of a successful sports team that coincidentally happens to be in my home city?
What about a young child who has never contributed anything to society but is told to be proud of a school or country?

Good point. Anyone who has ever met Jack Harris know that being nominated "Personality of the Year" is laughable. His ego is bigger than life.

If these Marconi awards are like many awards; the stations and personalities are probably allowed to nominate themselves; perfectly legit, the accuracy of the end results may depend on who votes and how many times a person can vote.

My money is on AMTB, otherwise known as "The Jack NEEDS Tedd" Show!
Jack Harris is a fun personality, versitile, and tireless in his desire to place a great product on the air, everyday.

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!

If these Marconi awards are like many awards; the stations and personalities are probably allowed to nominate themselves; perfectly legit, the accuracy of the end results may depend on who votes and how many times a person can vote.

Member stations submit for the Marconi awards with documentations of merit. A panel reviews them, and they are submitted for voting. The rules are on the NAB website. Participation is based purely on a submission, and a submission must be completely documented.

https://www.nab.org/events/awards/entryRules.asp?id=1928

"Marconi finalists were selected by a task force of broadcasters, and the winners were voted on by the NAB Marconi Radio Awards Selection Academy. The votes were tabulated by an independent firm. "

Last edited:

Stations submit for the Marconi awards with documentations of merit. A panel reviews them, and they are submitted for voting. The rules are on the NAB website.

Thank You David, you and Frank are the fountainheads of knowledge on this board!; I was thinking that these awards were like many of the best of restaurant awards, Museum awards etc that many city magazines and newspapers do where people can vote once a day for a period of time.

It will be interesting to see who comes out on top........that said, the first time I read this post minus my reading glasses, I misread the post as being about the Macaroni awards (as in Mac and Cheese!) and of course wondered how Macaroni could be relevant to this board! :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom