• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WLDW Wild 106.7 any info on this station?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minus the fact it's in mono, this sounds like a commercial station. Fantastic audio processing and hosts. Since WKVP put on HD sidebands last year, there's no way a station on 106.7 could make it past their bedroom.

minus the fact it's in mono, this sounds like a commercial station. Fantastic audio processing and hosts. Since wkvp put on hd sidebands last year, there's no way a station on 106.7 could make it past their bedroom.

whel people are reporting to hear open house party with kannon on the weekends from this station on the fm dial so.

Im suprised i have not got more feedback on this important subject 1 response? Come on people.

There is no WLDW licensed by the FCC, so you have a pirate. There is no registry of pirates, just as there is no registry of active bank robbers.

Im suprised i have not got more feedback on this important subject 1 response? Come on people.

Respectfully, the importance of this subject is debatable. But more importantly, there's just not a lot going on in Philly radio right now so it might just be that not a lot of people have come to this page and seen the OP. It could still gain some traction.

There’s nothing important about it. Someone can do their job and shut them down perhaps, but if a tree falls in the forrest......

If this station is actually broadcasting on 106.7, there is no way it will be received by much of anybody (assuming it’s actually in Philly and not a suburb) on the radio. I’d hope intelligence prevails and the owner of this station uses the “106.7” and “WLDW” calls to make it sound like a real station, not trying to shoehorn a pirate signal on an adjacent to a local where it has no business belonging. I’m sure there are far better frequencies to unlawfully use than that one!

Going further down the rabbit hole, this “station” has been at it for a few years now according to Facebook posts. Pretty basic logo that appears to be done on MS Paint. Doesn’t seem like it’s running commercials either, so they’re not monetizing their station like a lot of pirates attempt to do. Most of the wall posts are from international folks listening...so not really getting the word out at all locally, it appears. Minus one guy posting that he’s unhappy they’re using those calls for an unlicensed broadcast.

I have actually heard this station on the air in 2014 on 106.7. It covered about 10 miles from an antenna on top of an apartment building in Wallingford. Can’t believe they’re back again

I have actually heard this station on the air in 2014 on 106.7. It covered about 10 miles from an antenna on top of an apartment building in Wallingford. Can’t believe they’re back again

If they’re that far southwest, wouldn’t they do better marketing themselves as a Wilmington station?

If they’re that far southwest, wouldn’t they do better marketing themselves as a Wilmington station?

Perhaps. From what I see, most places in PA do not like to associate themselves with Wilmington...even if it is a much closer distance than Philly. Above that, if the owner of this station is happy with his/her predominantly international audience, saying it’s “Philly’s Home for Hits and Hip Hop” has a lot more international recognition than “Wilmington’s Home for Hits and Hip Hop”.

I still wouldn’t understand why someone would put a signal right next to WKVP like that. I’d imagine the FM signal is mostly off the air — five years of nonstop pirate broadcasting adjacent to a local seems a bit excessive for even the FCC to let be.

Is wallingford where they are broadcasting from?

And if they know where they are illegally broadcasting from why dont they go in and raid the place and shut their shady operation down?

Limited budget and resources.

But hey, maybe you can file a complaint and enact just enough pressure on the Feds to shut ‘em down.

How do you do that?

Depends...

The Feds are most proactive when other FM licensees (or especially public service/air traffic) complain about interference.

They do take up complaints about illegal FM operations from average Joe’s and Jane’s, but it’ll take a few people to complain to get a field agent out there to do the DFing to find the antenna.

The fact that 106.9 hasn’t gotten salty over its presence on an adjacent channel means either A) it’s so low powered there hasn’t been an issue regarding interference or B) Since EMF (and Family Radio back in the day) generally run very bare-bones local operations with out-of-market contract engineers, it’s possible nobody from 106.9 has noticed them yet

Depends...

The Feds are most proactive when other FM licensees (or especially public service/air traffic) complain about interference.

They do take up complaints about illegal FM operations from average Joe’s and Jane’s, but it’ll take a few people to complain to get a field agent out there to do the DFing to find the antenna.

The fact that 106.9 hasn’t gotten salty over its presence on an adjacent channel means either A) it’s so low powered there hasn’t been an issue regarding interference or B) Since EMF (and Family Radio back in the day) generally run very bare-bones local operations with out-of-market contract engineers, it’s possible nobody from 106.9 has noticed them yet

I mean ill go out there myself and shut them the hell down if i have to because they are really ripping off the artists by making money off playing their music and running ads on the station and sending them no royalty checks.

I mean ill go out there myself and shut them the hell down if i have to because they are really ripping off the artists by making money off playing their music and running ads on the station and sending them no royalty checks.

What they need out there in philly is some people to go track down some leads bang on some doors and get their shady operation closed.

The artists don’t get royalties from terrestrial AM and FM stations. Only the authors and composers do. This is an ASCAP and BMI issue if any of them care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom