• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Latest Ratings....

Why does KQMV continue to do so well if other stations in close or direct competition within and outside of the market are all trending down? KBKS and KUBE aren't even close to KQMV ratings-wise, and KPLZ is at the lowest I've seen them, though they never seem to do that well 6+. Even Shawn Ross always points out KQMV as a reliable CHR outpost in his column. So what do they do right?

This observation from the Research Director analysis at AllAccess.com:

"The big mover [in 18-34] was HUBBARD Country KNUC (THE BULL), which charged from #10 to #3 with its sixth straight up book."

That caught my attention because typically country is more of a 25-54 format, but it seems that a big chunk of the growth this month came from the younger side of the demo.

The Bull is trying to slaughter The Wolf...
KSWD still quite steady, tied for 6th with KJAQ and KKWF.
KFNY ends its smooth jazz run with a 0.5 rating. And the lone Christmas music listener keeps HD2 of 106.9 at a 0.1. KVTI 90.9 (NWPB) dumped down to the rock bottom too - they were at a .4/.5.

That caught my attention because typically country is more of a 25-54 format, but it seems that a big chunk of the growth this month came from the younger side of the demo.

That would make sense, as the playlist of KKWF is skewed slightly older than KUNC. KUNC is more like a CHR outlet in comparison to their Entercom counterpart.

Mainstream Rock & Roll, old and new, seems to be on the rise in Seattle. Both, KZOK and KISW, are trending up significantly since March.

Mainstream Rock & Roll, old and new, seems to be on the rise in Seattle. Both, KZOK and KISW, are trending up significantly since March.

Which is kinda interesting that they dipped back in the spring to begin with. KISW (especially) and KZOK have had surprisingly stable month-to-month ratings. Getting back to this level is more a “correction” I’d guess

This observation from the Research Director analysis at AllAccess.com:

"The big mover [in 18-34] was HUBBARD Country KNUC (THE BULL), which charged from #10 to #3 with its sixth straight up book."

I hope you know almost two-thirds of the 18-34 demo also count in the 25-54 numbers.

I hope you know almost two-thirds of the 18-34 demo also count in the 25-54 numbers.

Which explains the jump in 25-54, but that's not what stands out. When I see a format such as country or classic rock showing up big in 18-34, it catches my attention. There is not a corresponding jump for The Wolf, so it's not just the format, but the presentation.

Why does KQMV continue to do so well if other stations in close or direct competition within and outside of the market are all trending down?

Because both of those iHeart stations have no local sound to them. Movin' isn't the best at it either, but they sound more local than Kiss and KUBE combined.

KBKS and KUBE aren't even close to KQMV ratings-wise

That's in overall numbers, drill down to specific demos and the race is a little closer.

and KPLZ is at the lowest I've seen them, though they never seem to do that well 6+.

Ask yourself what happened to KPLZ since last summer.

Even Shawn Ross always points out KQMV as a reliable CHR outpost in his column. So what do they do right?

Movin' wins because they are smart and the iHeart stations continue to be iHeart stations.

Kiss spent almost a year doing a better job of recognition and endorsing Movin's command of the market than promoting Kiss.

KUBE is more worried about Hot 103.7 and vice-versa than they are about Movin'.

Which explains the jump in 25-54, but that's not what stands out. When I see a format such as country or classic rock showing up big in 18-34, it catches my attention. There is not a corresponding jump for The Wolf, so it's not just the format, but the presentation.

What exactly in The Bull's presentation is causing the jump?

Translation = you don't listen to the station and you don't know what you're talking about.

No. Translation is you're gonna tell me and everyone else what you think anyway, so why should we bother?

The floor is all yours. Go ahead and teach.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom