• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Bott Radio Network Expands Christian Talk in Memphis

Bott Radio Network (BRN) has expanded its Christian/Talk radio service in Memphis with the addition of 93.7 FM. The new signal began airing July 3 and further strengthens BRN's service in Memphis to full metro coverage. BRN has served Memphis and the Mid-South for 33 years with its 50kW WCRV-AM (640) reaching into eight states. In 2013 BRN added an FM signal at 100.7 FM serving the Memphis area including Germantown and Collierville. With the addition of 93.7 serving Bartlett and Northeast Shelby County.

https://news.radio-online.com/articles/n37122/Bott-Radio-Network-Expands-Christian-Talk-in-Memphis

93.7FM is the new signal for Bott Radio Network to cover the entire Memphis Radio Market.

THis is another translator that will probably help their nighttime coverage in Memphis when the AM signal is so low. I haven't listened to Bott regularly since they dropped Hank Hanegraaff, but it looks like they still have a good lineup of programs, with a few exceptions.

THis is another translator that will probably help their nighttime coverage in Memphis when the AM signal is so low. I haven't listened to Bott regularly since they dropped Hank Hanegraaff, but it looks like they still have a good lineup of programs, with a few exceptions.
So I suppose that once again, Bott one-ups F.W. Robbert when it comes to translators. Does WMQM have any similar plans? There is talk of a translator for WNQM here in Nashville, but so far, nothing yet.

So I suppose that once again, Bott one-ups F.W. Robbert when it comes to translators. Does WMQM have any similar plans? There is talk of a translator for WNQM here in Nashville, but so far, nothing yet.

I did some checking online and found out they have a translator on 93.3 in Lakeland. In recent trips to Memphis I've found out that they're simulcasting with KQPN 730 now, and they also have a translator on 93.3 in West Memphis. I found out that they're doing an odd mix of sports talk and dollar a holler programming, in effect combining the 2 stations into one. Unfortunately they're still carrying Alex Jones which proves they still don't care who they let on as long as the airtime is paid for. I till say they need to quit the sham of claiming to be a "Christian" station even more now. :(

According to Radio-Locator, Bott's Memphis station, 640 WCRV Collierville, is 50,000 watts by day, non-directional. That makes it one of the best daytime signals in North America running the full power quite low on the dial. But at night, it reduces power to 480 watts, since 640 is a clear channel frequency.

The 93.7 FM translator is only 99 watts at 322 feet. So it's not going to be heard much outside of Memphis. That's a small footprint. But these days, being on an FM translator of any kind is still better than just being on an AM station.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom