• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Latest Chicago Radio Ratings

At least in 6+, this was the best survey period for 890 WLS in ages. Will be interesting to see if that momentum holds.

Big 95.5 is losing to Chicago's Big Four AMs and three rimshot Spanish stations and is barely ahead of an Aurora station that doesn't cover a lot of the metro

If The River actually gets ahead of Big 95.5 I would not be shocked if they blew it up.

If you look around the country iHeart has a bunch of similar stations running country, getting average ratings, but with mainly syndicated talent. They're cheap to run, they sell them as a national platform, and it promotes their iHeartCountry awards and national contesting. As long as they keep the costs low, there's no incentive to blow it up.

Not to mention Country is largely driven by the release of new product from popular artists. A lot of stations saw a bump earlier this year when Maren Morris released her new album. I must agree that leaving Big alone is likely the correct strategy for iHeart.

Since WRME subscribes to the book, I guess I don't understand why an owner isn't listed. It's also heartening that two AMs can remain in the Top 10 in a market like Chicago and that WLS saw a bump last month.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom