• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

June Ratings

June Ratings are out!

Things that stand out to me:

-KYW at a 3.8. I don't remember seeing a share that low before.
-WPPZ jumps to a 3.0. The Classix format is showing some great legs for that small signal!
-WTDY drops away from Q102. Bad month in the CHR battle?
-WXPN up to a 2.6. Don't remember them being that high in a long while.
-WISX has settled in nicely in the upper 4's.

Other than that... nothing too earth shattering. Thoughts?

First off, huge congrats to 107.9 WPPZ. Never seen that frequency get such a high share.

KYW- I think the 3.8 is a fluke but we'll see.
WRFF 104.5- 3.5 seems quite average. Holding steady- BUT- stagnation in the playlist can strike at any moment. I really urge them to expand just a bit to more 90s like Veruca Salt, Pixies, Silverchair etc...
WXPN- Shocked they surpassed last months ratings. Incredible work.
WISX- I think we're past the honeymoon phase. Seems the breeze plateaus in the upper 4s indeed. Quite respectable.
WPEN- Surprised no one mentioned the low shares. 2.1? If I were beasley I'd be worried. Not too much considering the summer, not much going on. Hopefully football right around the corner kicks things up a notch but I'm really surprised 97.5 has remained sports this long considering the powerhouse that is WIP destroys the competition. (speaking of which, how the hell is WTEL 610 still on air?)
WBEN- Ah good old ben fm. Nice uptick from last month's 2.2 to a 2.7. Hoping it's up from here.

Overall, nothing too earth shattering indeed, but I want to reiterate my congrats to radio one and WPPZ. I'm so glad that station is finally making money and gaining really respectable numbers. They're number 12, almost in the top ten philly stations! From a station that used to be habitually stuck at or below a two share to almost making the top ten, it's a great thing to have classic soul back on the air. Good job guys.

I know this are just the vanity numbers, but WPPZ with it's flea-powered signal beating WIOQ? Wow! I continue to be fully impressed by this station.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the 107.9 signal. In fact, they are the strongest in the area they want to serve. The center city site spreading outward makes it a perfect fit for the audience they are after. They could care less about reaching the Jersey Pinelands going east, or the Amish areas going west or other outlying areas. So I think they can get their product to the areas where it counts and continue to receive good ratings.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the 107.9 signal. In fact, they are the strongest in the area they want to serve. The center city site spreading outward makes it a perfect fit for the audience they are after. They could care less about reaching the Jersey Pinelands going east, or the Amish areas going west or other outlying areas. So I think they can get their product to the areas where it counts and continue to receive good ratings.

Exactly. That's why Urban One owning 103.9 and 107.9 makes sense. Their target demographic lives where the small signals cover.

As for them beating WIOQ... remember WIOQ is currently having a chunk of listenership taken by upstart WTDY in the CHR battle

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom