Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Angel Donato

Angel Donato

Angel Donato is gone from the WOGL website. Did she leave? They just moved her over from B...

Quote Originally Posted by larkin View Post
    Angel Donato is gone from the WOGL website. Did she leave? They just moved her over from B...
    With the news that Dan Taylor has exited CBSFM in New York... it could be part of cost-cutting if she's gone too.

Quote Originally Posted by atthestars View Post
    With the news that Dan Taylor has exited CBSFM in New York... it could be part of cost-cutting if she's gone too.
    Nevermind. Dan Taylor seems to be part of a misconduct probe.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/09/cbs-ra...conduct-probe/

Depends on if the Post’s inferences are valid. But that aside, it would look like Angel is gone.

Of all people Angel deserved a lot better treatment. She started out as an intern at Hot Hits 98. Maybe she can get something at The Breeze.

http://www.insideradio.com/people_mo...81dfc43ca.html

Quote Originally Posted by cyber View Post
    Of all people Angel deserved a lot better treatment. She started out as an intern at Hot Hits 98. Maybe she can get something at The Breeze.

http://www.insideradio.com/people_mo...81dfc43ca.html
    Entercom is ruthless!

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbirdmike View Post
    Entercom is ruthless!
    That’s pretty much any company though. E-com just happens to be balancing out their budget currently.

Compared to other companies like i<3 or the Cloud, they’ve been relatively easy on cutting talent. If my memory serves me correctly, E-com rarely does mass firings.
    Last edited by ksradiogeek; 07-10-2019 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbirdmike View Post
    Entercom is ruthless!
    I don't know if they're any more or less ruthless than the other conglomerate radio companies, sadly. Entercom has had bad press recently because it sounds like they were really turning the screws at KYW and because they've been firing people across their footprint...but it's a ruthless business anymore. This is what these companies do when they complete a merger or acquisition: They tighten their belts. Usually it's at the expense of the product but who will notice, right? A little nip here, a little tuck there... But of course, now that everyone's done seemingly imperceptible belt-tightenings over and over for decades, it's become quite perceptible! And this sort of thing becomes really noticeable when you work for one of the last major independent radio owners in the country but you're suddenly tossed to these wolves, which is unfortunately exactly what happened to Angel.
    But not a real green dress, that's cruel.

In fairness, it’s not just radio nor radio operators. Business is rough sometimes, and costs/benefits are carefully analyzed. Management has a fiduciary responsibility to the owners/shareholders.

It’s also fair to note as an independent operation, the B “threw people to the wolves.” Repeatedly. It happens.

Quote Originally Posted by AbrahamJSimpson View Post
    In fairness, it’s not just radio nor radio operators. Business is rough sometimes, and costs/benefits are carefully analyzed. Management has a fiduciary responsibility to the owners/shareholders.
    This is true but the extent that the radio industry cuts off its nose to spite its face just seems insane. If I were a shareholder, I think I would have pulled out and invested in something else long ago! This ship is sinking and at times, it seems to be sinking fast!

Quote Originally Posted by AbrahamJSimpson View Post
    It’s also fair to note as an independent operation, the B “threw people to the wolves.” Repeatedly. It happens.
    Every company has to fire people. But if we could actually look at the track records of independent B101's vs. that of radio conglomerates, I feel pretty certain it would be like comparing apples and condominiums!
    But not a real green dress, that's cruel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast