Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Angel Donato

Quote Originally Posted by Miguelito View Post

This is true but the extent that the radio industry cuts off its nose to spite its face just seems insane. If I were a shareholder, I think I would have pulled out and invested in something else long ago! This ship is sinking and at times, it seems to be sinking fast!

I’d be curious to see data that shows radio as being somehow different from let’s say widget manufacturing. I think the nature of the business, as is inevitable in virtually any business, changes. And you need to tighten the belt sometimes to adapt to changing conditions. I think it’s TheBigA if I recall correctly who points out “radio” isn’t just the terrestrial broadcast. Cutting a position in one spot where the cost-benefit analysis says it may be appropriate doesn’t always tell the whole picture. It may well not be a growth industry overall, but the “radio” business writ large also isn’t the Titanic here in July 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Miguelito View Post

Every company has to fire people. But if we could actually look at the track records of independent B101's vs. that of radio conglomerates, I feel pretty certain it would be like comparing apples and condominiums!
    That would be interesting to track, and I’d think at least somewhat challenging to develop something close to apples to apples data points. This is off the top of my head, such as that may be, but in the B/More era, I can think of JJ, Chris McCoy,Tiffany, Dan Blackman, Dave Moore, Michael Chew, an on-air producer I cant recall and the overnight shift (sorry, don’t recall names) weekdays and weekends all being let go. Lot of years in that span for sure. And except overnights, they were generally replaced. I get there can be points of distinction for sure, but we might be closer to apples to chickens than apples to condos.

Quote Originally Posted by AbrahamJSimpson View Post
    I’d be curious to see data that shows radio as being somehow different from let’s say widget manufacturing. I think the nature of the business, as is inevitable in virtually any business, changes. And you need to tighten the belt sometimes to adapt to changing conditions. I think it’s TheBigA if I recall correctly who points out “radio” isn’t just the terrestrial broadcast. Cutting a position in one spot where the cost-benefit analysis says it may be appropriate doesn’t always tell the whole picture. It may well not be a growth industry overall, but the “radio” business writ large also isn’t the Titanic here in July 2019.

That would be interesting to track, and I’d think at least somewhat challenging to develop something close to apples to apples data points. This is off the top of my head, such as that may be, but in the B/More era, I can think of JJ, Chris McCoy,Tiffany, Dan Blackman, Dave Moore, Michael Chew, an on-air producer I cant recall and the overnight shift (sorry, don’t recall names) weekdays and weekends all being let go. Lot of years in that span for sure. And except overnights, they were generally replaced. I get there can be points of distinction for sure, but we might be closer to apples to chickens than apples to condos.
    OK, apples to chickens then. At least that way, we can eat!
    But not a real green dress, that's cruel.

Maybe lemons to chickens. Nothing beats a good lemon pepper roasted chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by abrahamjsimpson View Post
    maybe lemons to chickens. Nothing beats a good lemon pepper roasted chicken.
    change approved!
    But not a real green dress, that's cruel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12