• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Cecilia Vega should be fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syfy

Star Participant
Cecilia Vega who did the abc world news tonight the other day filling in for david muir and it was terrible. She should be fired and replaced. Not talented at all and she is annoying. ABC needs to replace her with Josh Elliot or someone who knows what the hell they are doing.

Cecilia Vega who did the abc world news tonight the other day filling in for david muir and it was terrible. She should be fired and replaced. Not talented at all and she is annoying. ABC needs to replace her with Josh Elliot or someone who knows what the hell they are doing.

She is actually quite talented, despite your contrarian view:

"Cecilia Marcellina Vega (born January 7, 1977) is an American journalist, currently serving as senior White House correspondent for ABC News. She joined the network in 2011 as a Los Angeles-based correspondent. Prior to her White House assignment, she had rotated with Tom Llamas as anchor of the weekend editions of ABC World News Tonight.[1] Vega joined ABC News from KGO-TV in San Francisco, where she was part of a team awarded an Emmy in 2010. Before working in broadcast journalism, she wrote for the San Francisco Chronicle. "

She has plenty of weekend anchoring experience on the network, and award-winning experience at the local ABC station in San Francisco.

"Cecilia Marcellina Vega (born January 7, 1977) is an American journalist, currently serving as senior White House correspondent for ABC News. She joined the network in 2011 as a Los Angeles-based correspondent. Prior to her White House assignment, she had rotated with Tom Llamas as anchor of the weekend editions of ABC World News Tonight.[1] Vega joined ABC News from KGO-TV in San Francisco, where she was part of a team awarded an Emmy in 2010. Before working in broadcast journalism, she wrote for the San Francisco Chronicle. "

She has plenty of weekend anchoring experience on the network, and award-winning experience at the local ABC station in San Francisco.

As usual, people who say "someone should be fired" provide no real detail or examples.. just that.. they sucked, not talented, etc

At least if you're going to say someone should get the ax, provide some examples

Cecilia Vega I remember her when she was in San Francisco at KGO ABC7 News she was one of the people that covered the Death of Oscar Grant at the Bart Station and the fallout when one of the Bart Police officers was on trial.

I find her quite talented and deserving of a promotion. Interesting how that works.

(Quite besides the point, I think the Joann Elliott/ABC bridge has been burned.)

I disagree entirely. Perhaps she was having a bad night, or was nervous. Prior to ABC, she was a field-reporter for ABC O&O KGO-TV in San Francisco. She was excellent - probably the best live extemporaneous talking broadcast reporter I had ever seen. And she has journalistic credentials too - she worked for the San Francisco Chronicle before breaking into broadcasting.

I disagree entirely. Perhaps she was having a bad night, or was nervous. Prior to ABC, she was a field-reporter for ABC O&O KGO-TV in San Francisco. She was excellent - probably the best live extemporaneous talking broadcast reporter I had ever seen. And she has journalistic credentials too - she worked for the San Francisco Chronicle before breaking into broadcasting.

Good Point too!

WOW! I strongly disagree kidrauhl. I LOVE Cecilia Vega! She's well-read, intelligent, and a fantastic anchor.

Cecilia also does a great job as a WH correspondent. ABC is fortunate to have her! I seriously doubt she'll be "fired" or "replaced" any time soon. Respect. :cool:

i bet the thread starter is just a Trump supporter who hates anything that's not Fox News.

FYI I am not a trump supporter read by bio. I was just expressing my opinion, and I think that she has talent but would be better off being a reporter instead of an anchor. Get to know the person before you just make a judgement like that because i voted for hillary and am pro gay and transgender rights. Id also like to think i am a positive contributor to this website and Im sorry if my thread offended you.

FYI I am not a trump supporter read by bio. I was just expressing my opinion, and I think that she has talent but would be better off being a reporter instead of an anchor. Get to know the person before you just make a judgement like that because i voted for hillary and am pro gay and transgender rights. Id also like to think i am a positive contributor to this website and Im sorry if my thread offended you.

Oh and i dont really watch fox news the show i use to like on fox was the five when eric bolling and bob beckel were on the panel just because they were very intelligent and well read analysts who i think should still be employed on tv but that is what it is.

OK, speaking as moderator and not participant:

This thread is going political. It will close if any more Blue vs. Red comments are made.

Confine this to the merits of Ms Vega as an anchor and reporter, please.

OK, speaking as moderator and not participant:

This thread is going political. It will close if any more Blue vs. Red comments are made.

Confine this to the merits of Ms Vega as an anchor and reporter, please.
Im just giving the person a little background since he chose to judge me like that im sure youd do the same as ive seen before on here.

Im just giving the person a little background since he chose to judge me like that im sure youd do the same as ive seen before on here.

My message was to all the posters who have taken your criticism of Ms Vega in a political direction.

This is not a political discussion forum; while one can comment on the political content of actual broadcasts, it is not permitted to get into personal political arguments, discussions or exchanges here.

So I am closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom