• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Disney Channel star Cameron Boyce dead at age of 20

staggmovie

Star Participant
I have been seeing posted in a Disney group on Facebook by serval members that Cameron Boyce that starred as Carlos De Vil in the Descendants movies, where his character's mom is Cruella DeVil, as if you haven't seen the movies, he and other younger stars played the children of some of the Disney villains from the many Disney animated movies, where in the first one, he and a few selected others were selected by the son of Belle and the Beast to attend a school in their kingdom as the baddies were banished from the kingdom of where the school is. Here is one of the news sources that has posted on his death https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9454277/cameron-boyce-dead-aged-20/. Descendants 3 is set to premiere on the Disney Channel on August 2nd, can't say if this will be the last of the franchise, but this will be the last movie in the series with him playing Carlos.

I remember him as that young boy in 'Eagle Eye' with Shia LaBeouf. Entertainment Tonight released a 911 call saying there was a 'seizure.' Autopsy will come out this week. May God comfort his family through this tough time.

I remember him as that young boy in 'Eagle Eye' with Shia LaBeouf. Entertainment Tonight released a 911 call saying there was a 'seizure.' Autopsy will come out this week. May God comfort his family through this tough time.

And if you looked at the article they mention that too about having the seizure, the sad part we will never know what kind of career that he could have had. 20 years old is pretty young to die at, even through people don't really have that choice a lot, and I hope his family is feeling comfort at what I am sure is a terrible time for them.

And if you looked at the article they mention that too about having the seizure, the sad part we will never know what kind of career that he could have had. 20 years old is pretty young to die at, even through people don't really have that choice a lot, and I hope his family is feeling comfort at what I am sure is a terrible time for them.
Cameron Boyce already had a pretty big career going. They still play the show he starred in jessie on disney chanel and im sure he would have been collecting residuals off that for at least another 15 years in some form or fashion.

Cameron Boyce already had a pretty big career going. They still play the show he starred in jessie on disney chanel and im sure he would have been collecting residuals off that for at least another 15 years in some form or fashion.

Yeah while that might be true, expect for he won't get to enjoy the money know that he would have received from the show

Yeah while that might be true, expect for he won't get to enjoy the money know that he would have received from the show

I mean the shows run is over. So he probably got at least well the final episode aired in late 2015 so he at least got to probably enjoyed a few years of residual checks from the replays of it. Im not sure how much or if its even that much if your show gets replayed on disney channel what type of check you would get from that though.

I mean the shows run is over. So he probably got at least well the final episode aired in late 2015 so he at least got to probably enjoyed a few years of residual checks from the replays of it. Im not sure how much or if its even that much if your show gets replayed on disney channel what type of check you would get from that though.

It is hard to say if this Descendants movie will be the last, but it will be the last that he will appear in.

Yeah itd be pretty costly and time consuming but yes most likely it would.

Next of all would it be worth the cost to it, as they have all been Disney Channel movies, and the only way they get money on them, is when they come on dvd and blu-ray.

It was done in Star Wars movies with CGI for some characters who have since died, but this isn't Star Wars, so I doubt if they would do it.

Doesn’t disney own a part of star wars though?

Disney did not make the original Star Wars movies. They bought Lucas Films in 2012 for $4 billion, and now it is fully owned by Disney.

Next of all would it be worth the cost to it, as they have all been Disney Channel movies, and the only way they get money on them, is when they come on dvd and blu-ray.

I think you underestimate the fanbase cameron boyce has. His instagram has over 15 million followers.

They bought Lucas Films in 2012 for $4 billion, and now it is fully owned by Disney

They bought Lucasfilm, which gave them certain assets owned by that company, but certain other rights were retained by Fox, the original releasing company. In that way, all Star Wars movies had to be released by Fox. When Disney bought the heritage Fox studio, they bought that right as well. So they now control ALL aspects of the Star Wars brand, from the original movies to any new ones they create in the future.

This was similar to the relationship between James Bond movies and MGM. For years, that copyright was the only thing keeping MGM alive.

They bought Lucasfilm, which gave them certain assets owned by that company, but certain other rights were retained by Fox, the original releasing company. In that way, all Star Wars movies had to be released by Fox. When Disney bought the heritage Fox studio, they bought that right as well. So they now control ALL aspects of the Star Wars brand, from the original movies to any new ones they create in the future.

This was similar to the relationship between James Bond movies and MGM. For years, that copyright was the only thing keeping MGM alive.

Mgm has their own network. Soooooo.

Disney did not make the original Star Wars movies. They bought Lucas Films in 2012 for $4 billion, and now it is fully owned by Disney.

Just how did Stars Wars get on their topic, I mean I see the original post, and just how did this topic take off of a sudden?

It was done in Star Wars movies with CGI for some characters who have since died, but this isn't Star Wars, so I doubt if they would do it.

I would doubt it too, but wouldn't chances be better it ends with a third movie, don't forget that High School Musical movies, that has the same director in common, also ended in 3 movies, even through they could have done a 4th movie, since they added two new characters that they could have build the 4th movie around, where all the original actors and actress existing as their characters had graduated from high school, and even College School musical might not have a good idea, even with all the characters going to separate colleges.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom