• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WLS AM ending Stephanie Trussell's show

Robert Feder is reporting that WLS is dropping Stephanie Trussell's weekly show that currently airs from 3:00-6:00 PM on Saturdays its is his opening story in his Robservations https://www.robertfeder.com/2019/07/05/robservations-wls-drops-stephanie-trussells-weekend-show/ , the reason given for Illinois football and basketball. But isn't it premature to make this move, and it looks like effective August 30th assuming she will still be on the air, her last show will be August 24th. But what will they air on the Saturday of their bye week during that time, and again once their season is over, provided Illinois basketball is not playing a basketball game around 3 PM on a Saturday. He is also reporting that she has agreed to do a weekly podcast. Here is their football schedule with a few announced game times https://fightingillini.com/schedule.aspx?path=football , WGN Radio stills has a schedule for Saturdays without dropping anybody, even through it is rare during the fall season for their Saturday hosts to have full shows. And Illinois's bye week occurs the week ending September 28th, so what will they carry between that slot?

My guess is something sports related. Maybe from the college.

Could be WLS has a few months to get that figured, and I see that they also have a few games that are slated to at a 11 AM (central time) kickoff, and a post game show running until 6 PM will just be too long. Your guess is as good as mine, maybe even better then mine.

An Illini football game will probably run 5.5 hours (1 hour pre-game, 3.5 hours game, 1 hour post-game). The end of Stephanie Trusssell's program will create a hole of only 3 hours. So they will probably shuffle their mid-day programs (some of which look like paid programs) to fill the hole, whatever time it occurs at.

An Illini football game will probably run 5.5 hours (1 hour pre-game, 3.5 hours game, 1 hour post-game). The end of Stephanie Trusssell's program will create a hole of only 3 hours. So they will probably shuffle their mid-day programs (some of which look like paid programs) to fill the hole, whatever time it occurs at.

And I believe that Illinois football is expect to lose, so if anybody listens to the game on the radio, they lose who is going to want to listen to a 1 hour post game show? Here are the games with an announced starting time as of this point 8/31 @ home Akron 11 AM, 9/7 @UConn 2:30 PM, 9/14 @ home Eastern Michigan 11 AM, 10/5 @ home Minnesota 2:30/3 PM, 10/19 @ home at home Wisconsin 11 AM. Please note that all game times are central time, so games at 2:30 she wouldn't have bene able to air, in less they find away to air her show earlier.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom