Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Arte Johnson, Laugh-In star, dead at 90

  1. #1

    Arte Johnson, Laugh-In star, dead at 90

    Arte Johnson, best remembered for his work with Ruth Buzzi on the 60's TV comedy series
    Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In, has died at age 90.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/ar...cid=spartanntp

  2. #2
    Verrrry Interestink.....und impossible too!
    Illegitimi non carborundum

  3. #3
    RIP Arte.He was a very funny man.He will be missed.Just watch his appearance on the 70's Match Game via Match Game Productions channel on Youtube a few weeks ago...

    Match Game 78 with Arte on the star panel.... He had everybody on the set in stitches for a week . Will the couple of days of the tapings.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb7WhhC99ks&t=1s

  4. #4
    Arte also did time on The Gong Show's panel of celebrity judges.

  5. #5
    Loved his "Laugh-In" skit with Sammy Davis, Jr. ---- as "The O'Shaugnesy Brothers"...!!!

  6. #6
    Was he the dirty old man? My aunt once showed the family a video where she played Gladys Ormphby hitting him with her purse.

    There is at least one other celebrity with a similar name, which made me think he has been a lot more active in recent years than he really was.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by vchimpanzee View Post
    Was he the dirty old man? My aunt once showed the family a video where she played Gladys Ormphby hitting him with her purse.

    There is at least one other celebrity with a similar name, which made me think he has been a lot more active in recent years than he really was.
    He was indeed "The Dirty Old Man" constantly hitting on Ruth Buzzi (and getting the worst in return).
    Illegitimi non carborundum

  8. #8
    Was Arte on some Dean Martin's Roast shows.Cant remember...

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by landtuna View Post
    He was indeed "The Dirty Old Man" constantly hitting on Ruth Buzzi (and getting the worst in return).
    Tyrone F. Hornai, to be more exact....
    Some later skits tried to get Tyrone and Gladys to "chum up"....but, alas.....it didn't work out.....!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldie919 View Post
    Tyrone F. Hornai, to be more exact....
    Some later skits tried to get Tyrone and Gladys to "chum up"....but, alas.....it didn't work out.....!
    I seem to remember them "chuming up" only to have Tyrone go back immediately to his pseudo porn mode whereupon she would lose it again and begin punching.

    Best show on TV for several years. Big hit with the younger set too although there was a ton of political and adult humor. I remember walking by a local high school one evening when the director told his band "OK, you guys get this right and we'll leave early so you can watch Laugh-In".
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

     
Useful Contacts
Community


123