• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

106.7 HD3 is missing

106.7 HD3 (I ❤️ 80’s) is missing. Does anyone have any idea where it went. I checked the HD subchannels of all the I ❤️ Radio Stations in NYC and it didn’t end up anywhere else. 103.5 HD3 is still “The Breeze.” Is it just a problem or did they drop the station?

Is this 80s station necessary in the NYC radio market? You can hear 80s music on WCBS-FM any time.

Not having heard the HD format, but my guess is that it may play more '80s titles than CBS-FM does. After all, its playlist is all '80s, while CBS-FM still has '70s music on its playlist.

CBS-FM’s sound quality is atrocious, even on HD. It is too tinny and lacks definition. It would have been nice for them to announce the possible cancellation of the station, rather than just abruptly turning it off.

106.7 HD2 is nice, with the Broadway themes but 106.7 HD3 was a nice, commercial free station that played 80’s tunes. It also had better signal than 103.5 HD3. 103.5 HD3 is very spotty in Eastern Nassau County, whereas the 106.7 HD signals all reach slightly into Western Suffolk.

The iHeart 80s channel is still available on the iHeart Radio app. FWIW, the streaming sound quality is much better than over the air.

I like it in the car and at least when it was on FM, it did not use data. Does anyone know if it’s just a fluke that the station is off or if WLTW just cancelled it. If so, is any other station in NYC going to broadcast it? I wish CBS-FM still had their oldies channel on HD2.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom