• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Emmis sells WQHT & WBLS

Can someone explain this to me what there doing n y there doin it? There payin themselves to set up a new company? Its completely over my head.

Can someone explain this to me what there doing n y there doin it? There payin themselves to set up a new company? Its completely over my head.

Probably a question best answered by an accountant. Ultimately they may shut down the older company or spin it off to Smulyan or someone else. Smulyan is 72, so he may be looking for a way to retire and cash out, while keeping core assets within the company.

Emmis is a publicly traded company. You cannot just one day decide to sell a controlling stake in a publicly traded company to an outside party; you need shareholder approval. Soliciting shareholder approval for something of that magnitude is a costly undertaking subject to SEC disclosure regulations.

By setting up a new company, Standard General has much more control over selection of directors, compensation, acquisition or disposal of assets, etc.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom