• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

CBS to launch lifestyle subchannel Dabl

CBS are going to launch a new lifestyle subchannel called Dabl later this year. Why did CBS not have it as a CBS branded channel like CBS Living or something like they have CBS News/Sports HQ? Where will CBS get programming for this channel?
ABC are in the process of getting rid of Live Well Network while CBS are launching a lifestyle channel. Why are ABC axing Live Well Network it's still going in some areas isn't it?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/variet...martha-stewart-emeril-lagasse-1203244886/amp/

I was re-scanning channels over the weekend, and at least here in Los Angeles, Dabl soft-launched on KCBS 2.3 within the past few days. I saw just a few seconds of an old episode of Martha Stewart Living.

They couldn't keep Decades on .2 and replaced it with Start TV....I don't understand why Decades didn't remain on 2. with Start TV on .3 if they could launch this now on .3 .

They couldn't keep Decades on .2 and replaced it with Start TV....I don't understand why Decades didn't remain on 2. with Start TV on .3 if they could launch this now on .3 .

In some cities, Decades will be on the move again, when some of the Fox O&Os (including here in Los Angeles) add the network to their subchannel lineups. The moves, depending on the market, are suppose to take place before the end of this month.

Live Well by ABC was about as exciting as watching Jell-O wiggle. I didn't think it would last as long as it has. And now, for CBS to do basically the same thing. Good luck! Don't know what makes them think they can do a better job than ABC did.

It does seem like a curious decision with out LiveWell turned out and Ion's recent change of 'IonLife' to 'IonPlus'.

I'm figuring they're figuring they may be able to find success because instead of tiny-budget locally-produced fare, they're coming out of the gate with the likes of Emeril, Martha Stewart, Gordan Ramsay, Jamie Oliver and Bob Vila. The channel went live today and they're streaming as well.

I'm figuring they're figuring they may be able to find success because instead of tiny-budget locally-produced fare, they're coming out of the gate with the likes of Emeril, Martha Stewart, Gordan Ramsay, Jamie Oliver and Bob Vila. The channel went live today and they're streaming as well.

All of that is either acquired repeat programming, or programming already owned by CBS. I highly doubt they are spending much, and I think for a lifestyle network to be broadcasting 20-30 year old reruns (most of the programming) its a failure out of the gate. Most people who would want to watch lifestyle programming want CURRENT lifestyle programming. I give this network 2 years.

This channel actually went Live at 8:00 A.M. (Eastern Time) today (Which was when it started airing it's Programming Schedule).

Some of the programming appears to be current shows like Cityline which is acquired programming from Canada (Airs on Citytv there) and Doctor & the Diva which is new (Although it's classified as a Syndicated Show Dabl airs it to all it's affiliates) are some examples.

The actual Livestream of Dabl is actually on a 1 minute delay compared to the Over-the-Air feed which doesn't surprise me.

Last edited:
It's now on 69.5 in Atlanta and that is a good spot for it! Anything lower (69.1, 69.2, 69.3, 69.4) should be another, better network.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom