• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Soft AC Scoreboard for May 2019

Since the last time I did a ratings scoreboard for Soft AC stations, I removed WEZI Jacksonville from the list. It still plays some softer 1980s and 90s songs, but it also puts in some quite uptempo titles too. I noticed WEZI played "I Love Rock & Roll" by Joan Jett and "Living La Vita Loca" by Ricky Martin in the last hour, even though I also see You're Beautiful, These Dreams and Time After Time. I guess someone at Cox thinks the playlists from WDUV and WFEZ don't work in Jacksonville?

Chicago ............. WLIT (iHeart) #7
San Francisco ..... KISQ (iHeart) #4 (tie)
Philadelphia.........WISX (iHeart) #8
Miami ............... WFEZ (Cox) #1
Seattle .............. KSWD (Entercom) #7
Detroit .............. WDZH (Entercom) #12
Minneapolis ....... Love 105 (Cumulus) #20 tie (Three simulcast low-power stations)
Tampa .............. WDUV (Cox) #1
Sacramento ....... KBEB (iHeart) #11
Austin................ KGSR (Emmis) #17
Buffalo............... WMSX (Townsquare) #4 (Only two companies subscribe in Buffalo)

Here's the Soft AC Scoreboard for March '19:

Chicago ............. WLIT (iHeart) #7
San Francisco ..... KISQ (iHeart) #3
Philadelphia.........WISX (iHeart) #8
Miami ............... WFEZ (Cox) #1
Seattle .............. KSWD (Entercom) #3
Detroit .............. WDZH (Entercom) #12
Minneapolis ....... Love 105 (Cumulus) #20 (Three simulcast low-power stations)
Tampa .............. WDUV (Cox) #1
Sacramento ....... KBEB (iHeart) #8
Austin................ KGSR (Emmis) #17
Jacksonville........ WEZI (Cox) #8
Buffalo............... WMSX (Townsquare) #4 (Only two companies subscribe in Buffalo)

Since the last time I did a ratings scoreboard for Soft AC stations, I removed WEZI Jacksonville from the list. It still plays some softer 1980s and 90s songs, but it also puts in some quite uptempo titles too. I noticed WEZI played "I Love Rock & Roll" by Joan Jett and "Living La Vita Loca" by Ricky Martin in the last hour, even though I also see You're Beautiful, These Dreams and Time After Time. I guess someone at Cox thinks the playlists from WDUV and WFEZ don't work in Jacksonville?
There's no way WEZI can be counted as Soft AC anymore. I'm not the only one who feels this way.

https://www.radiodiscussions.com/showthread.php?717445-When-did-Easy-102-9-change-from-soft-AC-to-AC

WEZI started out as a really good Soft AC. I didn't think it would remain that way knowing the Jacksonville market as I do and it didn't.

In looking at Gregg's list, I'm assuming the scoreboard is for the Top 50 markets. Where I live on Florida's Treasure Coast (Just to the north of West Palm) is a station called 97.1 The Ocean. (WOSN) Here's their website. This is a Top 100 market.

http://wosnfm.com/

Unfortunately, they don't stream but they call themselves "light and refreshing" and they are. It's lots of 70s still and 80s mixed in. On Sunday mornings, they do a smooth jazz show. I'm not sure how common that is among Soft AC formats but I've listened on occasion and it seems to go with the format.

Perhaps there's a way you can find their playlist somewhere but it's a one of a kind radio station. A few years ago, they were a Standards format updating their sound to Soft AC.

There's no way WEZI can be counted as Soft AC anymore. I'm not the only one who feels this way.

https://www.radiodiscussions.com/showthread.php?717445-When-did-Easy-102-9-change-from-soft-AC-to-AC

WEZI still soft AC...
smiley-laughing004.gif

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom