Thread: JJ Hemmingway, known on this board as radiojjh, passes at 65

JJ Hemmingway, known on this board as radiojjh, passes at 65

Former Seattle and Spokane radio personality JJ Hemingway passed away Monday at age 65. He worked at a number of stations during his career including KJR-FM Seattle from 2001-06, KJRB Spokane and most recently hosted evenings at Shine 104.9 KEEH-FM Spokane. We knew him on this board as "radiojjh", good guy all around, son of a radio man, and a radio guy through and through. Please see http://shine1049.org/ for more.
    Last edited by The New Chico; 06-18-2019 at 09:54 PM.

Noooooooo!! RIP to another Northwest FM legend! I believe he was in Bismarck ND a few years ago as well. I remember when he used to post on here as well, but I haven't seen new posts in years. Gone way too early.
    782 AM's in the log, 663 FMs (250 from Western WA), That's a DXer!
    FM, AM and SW DXer of Yakima, WA! God Bless America!
    Last New FM Log: KATW-101.5 Lewiston ID, 6/25/19
    Last New AM Log: 1570 WFRL Freeport IL, 3/3/19

Wow, definitely gone way too soon. When I was a junior in high school, it was a toss-up between him and Tommy McFly from WRQX when I found the stream for KISC. Yes he was in Bizmarck in 2012, and was also tracking fro KPKL in Spokane when that relaunched. I'm not sure what happened there, but he came back to the market when iHeart launched KZFS as Christian AC Up 99.3, but must not have lasted that long.