Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: K-Surf 1260 growing playlist

Quote Originally Posted by oldies76 View Post
    I don't think Saul even cares. He's satisfying older listeners in LA who were abandoned by other stations. He's happy and he's living a dream. All you need is some money. It can be done....
    Not many people choose to make no money off their investments. Rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by AbrahamJSimpson View Post
    Not many people choose to make no money off their investments. Rightfully so.
    Bob Bittner in Massachusetts is another one, playing music he likes for anyone with similar tastes on WJIB and its translator.

Quote Originally Posted by ChannelFlipper View Post
    I always thought love would keep them together. In the end, it didn't.
    The reason for the divorce was attributed to health insurance and health issues. This sounds like the same thing that happened to my parents, when my dad was 90. In order to stay in her house, my mother had to divorce my dad, so she wouldn't have to keep paying for his care.

Of course, it began as a San Fernando Valley station, and it even has to protect 1280 in Long Beach!
    1260 also has to protect 1250/Santa Barbara, running 2.5kw to the west -- AND to the south, 1270/Tijuana. So that 20kw has to be aimed away from those areas.

Quote Originally Posted by semoochie View Post
    Which "Muskrat Love", America or Captain & Tennille?
    That one still gets played on America's Best Music. Not the America version, but they play a lot of America hits.

Quote Originally Posted by CTListener View Post
    Now they're playing Boston's "Foreplay/Long Time,"
    You sure it wasn't just "Long Time"? "Foreplay" seems like a curious choice for an oldies station.

Quote Originally Posted by oldies76 View Post
    BTW, "I'm Your Boogie Man" is an "Oh Wow", just played recently.
    Would be for me.

Quote Originally Posted by vchimpanzee View Post
    You sure it wasn't just "Long Time"? "Foreplay" seems like a curious choice for an oldies station.
    Both, just as played on classic rock stations, the former blending into the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by CTListener View Post
    Both, just as played on classic rock stations, the former blending into the latter.
    The song "Long Time" peaked at #22 in the Billboard Hot 100, but didn't include Foreplay.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    The song "Long Time" peaked at #22 in the Billboard Hot 100, but didn't include Foreplay.
    I realize that. I was just reporting what I heard while listening to the K-Surf stream. Why Saul is playing the AOR staple instead of the CHR single, you'll have to ask him.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast