• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

K-Surf 1260 growing playlist

I don't think Saul even cares. He's satisfying older listeners in LA who were abandoned by other stations. He's happy and he's living a dream. All you need is some money. It can be done....

Not many people choose to make no money off their investments. Rightfully so.

I always thought love would keep them together. In the end, it didn't.

The reason for the divorce was attributed to health insurance and health issues. This sounds like the same thing that happened to my parents, when my dad was 90. In order to stay in her house, my mother had to divorce my dad, so she wouldn't have to keep paying for his care.

Of course, it began as a San Fernando Valley station, and it even has to protect 1280 in Long Beach!

1260 also has to protect 1250/Santa Barbara, running 2.5kw to the west -- AND to the south, 1270/Tijuana. So that 20kw has to be aimed away from those areas.

The song "Long Time" peaked at #22 in the Billboard Hot 100, but didn't include Foreplay.

I realize that. I was just reporting what I heard while listening to the K-Surf stream. Why Saul is playing the AOR staple instead of the CHR single, you'll have to ask him.

Looking at the online playlist the rotation seems to be 24 hours or so on many of the songs.

You really hate that song, don't you?

Actually, it's one of my all-time favorites from the 70's. I just don't need to hear it everyday. Once every couple weeks or so is fine.

C&T's version was the #1 hit. And recording it was the wife's idea. Releasing it as a single was the label's idea.

It reached #1 in Southern California, on the KHJ Boss 30, smack in between "Rock 'n Me" and "Tonight's the Night" in '76.

He should call it K-Saul, playing what he wants.

Great idea isn't it? A concept that is absent today. When I worked at KWVE in the early 90's, we could essentially play what we wanted, as long it wasn't obvious that you played your favorite songs every time you were on air. We had several hundred songs to choose from.

You should listen to the Sunday night 70's, on now.

Great idea isn't it? A concept that is absent today. When I worked at KWVE in the early 90's, we could essentially play what we wanted, as long it wasn't obvious that you played your favorite songs every time you were on air. We had several hundred songs to choose from.

Even Jim Ladd would not be able to pass that test!

Great idea isn't it?

No, it is an excuse for being sloppy and lazy.

Worse than the proverbial "iPod on shuffle" because one person's personal tastes and preferences are being injected.

Great idea isn't it? A concept that is absent today.

Not really...it exists in college radio.

There are a lot of Sauls around the country. You know a few of them. They own their AM station, and they play what they want. They're mostly retired, and have income from other places, so the station is their sandbox. Anyone can do it. All it takes is time, desire, and a lot of money.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom