Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: K-Surf 1260 growing playlist

The direction KSurf is going is very appealing in nature. Mainly 60's and 70's with a hint of 50's and a couple early 1980 songs, like "I Can't Tell You Why" by the Eagles.

Some more unique oldies popping up in their playlist listings, just from today:

Itchycoo Park - Small Faces (A local #1 song on KHJ Surveys)
    All Along the Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix
    Up Up & Away - Fifth Dimension
    Little Green Apples - OC Green
    Time is Tight - Booker T & the MG's
    Party Lights - Claudine Clark
    Lipstick On Your Collar - Connie Francis
    Beth - Kiss
    Cowboys to Girls - Intruders
    Dim All the Lights - Donna Summer
    Don't Leave Me This Way - Thelma Houston

With all the 80's songs gone, the gaps are being filled in by more 60's and 70's gems.
    Celebrating 64 Years of Rock & Roll Classics!

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by oldies76 View Post
    The direction KSurf is going is very appealing in nature. Mainly 60's and 70's with a hint of 50's and a couple early 1980 songs, like "I Can't Tell You Why" by the Eagles.

With all the 80's songs gone, the gaps are being filled in by more 60's and 70's gems.
    Yet in the June book, while they were playing more 80's, they had the highest 12+ numbers they have had all year.

Even with that, their 25-54 numbers were dead last, in a tie for 44th in the market and a 0.1 share and a rating of 0.0.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post

Yet in the June book, while they were playing more 80's, they had the highest 12+ numbers they have had all year.

Even with that, their 25-54 numbers were dead last, in a tie for 44th in the market and a 0.1 share and a rating of 0.0.
    I don't believe their goal is to have high ratings. Their goal is to attract older listeners that were dropped by other local classic hits stations during the last 15-25 years. The people sounded off, KSUR dropped the 80's and are now playing today what KRTH did about 20-30 years ago. The listeners seemed pleased as the negative feedback has subsided.
    Celebrating 64 Years of Rock & Roll Classics!

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    I don't believe their goal is to have high ratings. Their goal is to attract older listeners that were dropped by other local classic hits stations during the last 15-25 years. The people sounded off, KSUR dropped the 80's and are now playing today what KRTH did about 20-30 years ago. The listeners seemed pleased as the negative feedback has subsided.
    No commercial station operator wants to have no listeners.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Some more unique oldies popping up in their playlist listings, just from today:

Itchycoo Park - Small Faces (A local #1 song on KHJ Surveys)
    All Along the Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix
    Up Up & Away - Fifth Dimension
    Little Green Apples - OC Green
    Time is Tight - Booker T & the MG's
    Party Lights - Claudine Clark
    Lipstick On Your Collar - Connie Francis
    Beth - Kiss
    Cowboys to Girls - Intruders
    Dim All the Lights - Donna Summer
    Don't Leave Me This Way - Thelma Houston

O. C. Smith

I don't believe their goal is to have high ratings. Their goal is to attract older listeners that were dropped by other local classic hits stations during the last 15-25 years.
    That is 180 degrees out of phase with Saul trying 80s music and his explanation of why he did. The audience he has now isn't even allowing him to pay the power bill without dipping into KKGO's money. He needs to do something, but found out that his first idea would cost him the audience he does have.

There'll be a plan "C"...and it could very well involve a format change, leasing the station's airtime out or a sale of the station. The current situation can't continue.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718