• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Luciani Pavaratti Radio

Ai4i

Star Participant
I rely way to heavily on my presets.
I just learned that SiriusXM has been featuring this limited engagement channel (#77) from June 6' th and is scheduled to end it on the 16' th. :(

It's timed to coincide with the release of Ron Howard's documentary on Pavarotti's life:

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/ron-howard-pavarotti-documentary-trailer-1203183604/

How could they possibly have known? Perhaps its a sponsored channel.

Do you really need to qualify that statement with a "perhaps"? Of course, it's sponsored. The question is by whom -- the producers of the documentary, Pavarotti's last label or Pavarotti's estate, which could be in the business of selling Pavarotti the brand posthumously?

The interesting thing about this Sirius XM pre-emption is that it pre-empts not a commercial-free, in-house music channel -- which has been the case in all previous pre-emptions -- but a channel that's been pimped out to the people behind Kidz Bop for several years, with those singing children being shunted off to online-only oblivion until the fat man sings ... er, stops singing. Wonder what the story behind that is! It's hard to believe that the Kidz Bop folks who are paying SXM for a channel that reaches all subscribers would agree to SXM burying their programming on an online-only channel, even temporarily. Maybe the contract is expiring within the next few weeks and SXM is just sneaking Kidz Bop out the back door.

Do you really need to qualify that statement with a "perhaps"? Of course, it's sponsored. The question is by whom -- the producers of the documentary, Pavarotti's last label or Pavarotti's estate, which could be in the business of selling Pavarotti the brand posthumously?

I sense it's the documentary folks since they have the most to gain, and there are only a few places they could go to promote such a thing.

We are fortunate to be the first generation of music lovers with music that can be recorded in a way in which the pristine sound quality will never degrade.
With sufficiently high bit rate recordings, the music will remain preserved perfectly FOREVER.
Imagine hearing an original recording of Hildegard von Bingen or Handel or PDQ Bach. Well, never mind JSB's "last and least".

We are fortunate to be the first generation of music lovers with music that can be recorded in a way in which the pristine sound quality will never degrade.
With sufficiently high bit rate recordings, the music will remain preserved perfectly FOREVER.
Imagine hearing an original recording of Hildegard von Bingen or Handel or PDQ Bach. Well, never mind JSB's "last and least".

No, Giorgio, Pavarotti was not the GOAT (greatest of all tenors). That distinction belongs to Enrico Caruso. Imagine hearing the master's voice, so to speak, recorded using today's technology.

That distinction belongs to Enrico Caruso.
Thanks for resurrecting this thread.
I like the way that Andrea Bocelli modulates his volume from a whispering pianissimo to a blasting forte.

Thanks for resurrecting this thread.
I like the way that Andrea Bocelli modulates his volume from a whispering pianissimo to a blasting forte.

Andrea Bocelli's enthusiasm and love of singing are ensorcelling. At an Italian restaurant I used to frequent, he was wont to delight fellow diners with extemporaneous performances.

While a film about Pavarotti may be entertaining, wouldn't a celluloid celebration of Roland Hayes be far more interesting?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom