Thread: Luciani Pavaratti Radio

Luciani Pavaratti Radio

I rely way to heavily on my presets.
    I just learned that SiriusXM has been featuring this limited engagement channel (#77) from June 6' th and is scheduled to end it on the 16' th.
    Ai4i has Always Been on the Trailing Edge of Technology!

It's timed to coincide with the release of Ron Howard's documentary on Pavarotti's life:

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/r...er-1203183604/

How could they possibly have known? Perhaps its a sponsored channel. Of course it is.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    It's timed to coincide with the release of Ron Howard's documentary on Pavarotti's life:

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/r...er-1203183604/

How could they possibly have known? Perhaps its a sponsored channel.
    Do you really need to qualify that statement with a "perhaps"? Of course, it's sponsored. The question is by whom -- the producers of the documentary, Pavarotti's last label or Pavarotti's estate, which could be in the business of selling Pavarotti the brand posthumously?

The interesting thing about this Sirius XM pre-emption is that it pre-empts not a commercial-free, in-house music channel -- which has been the case in all previous pre-emptions -- but a channel that's been pimped out to the people behind Kidz Bop for several years, with those singing children being shunted off to online-only oblivion until the fat man sings ... er, stops singing. Wonder what the story behind that is! It's hard to believe that the Kidz Bop folks who are paying SXM for a channel that reaches all subscribers would agree to SXM burying their programming on an online-only channel, even temporarily. Maybe the contract is expiring within the next few weeks and SXM is just sneaking Kidz Bop out the back door.

Quote Originally Posted by CTListener View Post
    Do you really need to qualify that statement with a "perhaps"? Of course, it's sponsored. The question is by whom -- the producers of the documentary, Pavarotti's last label or Pavarotti's estate, which could be in the business of selling Pavarotti the brand posthumously?
    I sense it's the documentary folks since they have the most to gain, and there are only a few places they could go to promote such a thing.

We are fortunate to be the first generation of music lovers with music that can be recorded in a way in which the pristine sound quality will never degrade.
    With sufficiently high bit rate recordings, the music will remain preserved perfectly FOREVER.
    Imagine hearing an original recording of Hildegard von Bingen or Handel or PDQ Bach. Well, never mind JSB's "last and least".
    Ai4i has Always Been on the Trailing Edge of Technology!