Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 24 of 24

Thread: Universal Music/Movies archives vault fire coverup. Interesting article.

  1. #21
    Not a fan of Eminem but I agree as he lucked out.

    I dont care how much fire insurance they had for those warehouses.Its not going to bring back the burnt/damaged masters..

    Is there a list of the masters that were lost in the fire available.....

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by WPPCProductions View Post

    Is there a list of the masters that were lost in the fire available.....
    I'm sure the insurance company knows. Apparently the NY Times was wrong when it said the Buddy Holly masters were in the fire. But all of this was litigated in 2012.

    As I've said, there isn't much an artist can do with the original masters. They're there for the label to do repackages and reissues. A lot of the older recordings have already been digitally re-mastered. The only way an artist can reuse a master is if they buy them back. Which is why so many artists are re-recording their hits. That way they own the new masters.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    I'm sure the insurance company knows. Apparently the NY Times was wrong when it said the Buddy Holly masters were in the fire. But all of this was litigated in 2012.

    As I've said, there isn't much an artist can do with the original masters. They're there for the label to do repackages and reissues. A lot of the older recordings have already been digitally re-mastered. The only way an artist can reuse a master is if they buy them back. Which is why so many artists are re-recording their hits. That way they own the new masters.
    Its not that expensive to buy back the masters just most artists these days are cheap when it comes to that stuff.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by kidrauhl View Post
    Its not that expensive to buy back the masters just most artists these days are cheap when it comes to that stuff.
    It depends. Most labels want all recording costs reimbursed, so that can be as much as a half a million. It depends on how important old recordings are.

    But as I said, it's cheaper to just re-record those songs again.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

     
Useful Contacts
Community


123