Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Entercom Axe Falls On Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post
    It's not about the distribution channel. It is about content. And people want content on-demand, so podcasts become the equivalent of a DVR in the video world. Still content, but at the user's convenience.
    One thing I will give Entercom credit for is that they're working on the podcast thing. Cadence 13 is a great source of content.

But again, that's a dedicated podcast network.

What is Entercom doing to shift the balance of content creation away from the terrestrial signal to an online presence beyond saying "a Radio.com station" in the ID and maybe having a few jocks do podcasts?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    In Chicago? How long ago? Because it doesn't sound like you know anything about the place now. Maybe you should compare their level of staffing with other major stations in town. That entire post #26 was filled with generalizations about radio, and nothing to do with Entercom Chicago. Try to be a little specific in your criticisms.
    Yes, I was speaking generally. No, I did not work in Chicago. Do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Ex Machiato View Post
    I did not work in Chicago. Do you?
    I have a lot of friends there.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Ex Machiato View Post

What is Entercom doing to shift the balance of content creation away from the terrestrial signal to an online presence
    I wouldn't recommend shifting a lot of content creation away from on air, but rather find more ways to use the same content. On-air is inefficient. Once it airs, it's gone. Online is a way for that content to live, and find new audiences. Think in terms of musicians. They sing a song live once, and the audience enjoys it for that moment. But they record it and distribute it, then more people can hear it. Someone at a station does an interview, and that interview should be used on air, online, and in a podcast, as just one example.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234