• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KIKO-FM 96.5 Testing Out All HD Digital Broadcast?

asugeorge1

Star Participant
For the last few days, I’ve noticed that KIKO 96.5 FM out of Apache Junction / Claypool is broadcasting in all digital using their HD signal with no analog carrier of any kind. Obviously the audio is amazing (even for oldies) and I’ve never heard Joey Dee & The Starliters sound so good, but it still doesn’t seem to help their signal much in getting east of Mesa / Gilbert. Also, when the HD drops out, there is nothing on the analog side. No static, just silence. Anyone know what is going on over at KIKO-FM?

Interesting! All I hear over here near the White Tanks is an analog station broadcasting Christian music.

For the last few days, I’ve noticed that KIKO 96.5 FM out of Apache Junction / Claypool is broadcasting in all digital using their HD signal with no analog carrier of any kind. Obviously the audio is amazing (even for oldies) and I’ve never heard Joey Dee & The Starliters sound so good, but it still doesn’t seem to help their signal much in getting east of Mesa / Gilbert. Also, when the HD drops out, there is nothing on the analog side. No static, just silence. Anyone know what is going on over at KIKO-FM?

They're not running all digital. Their analog is just dead air with stereo pilot. Something strange happening with their studio-to-transmitter link. In the past month, their HD2 ("KIKO Globe-Miami Radio," the old format from 1340 AM before that signal moved to Apache Junction, now feeding a translator in Globe-Miami) started to show up. Which begs the question, had they been running a translator without a feeding HD2 all along?

They're not running all digital. Their analog is just dead air with stereo pilot. Something strange happening with their studio-to-transmitter link. In the past month, their HD2 ("KIKO Globe-Miami Radio," the old format from 1340 AM before that signal moved to Apache Junction, now feeding a translator in Globe-Miami) started to show up. Which begs the question, had they been running a translator without a feeding HD2 all along?

I've heard their IP-delivered feed cut out and buffer before.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom