• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Classic Slacks Win 6+

KSLX (whoosh-whoosh) is Number One-est in the insignificant 6+ May ratings https://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb057 A good monthly to be in the Classic Hits/Classic Rock format as KOOL scored well, too. The exception this time was KYOT down 1.2 (Beth must be happy as KEZ beat the Coyote). Looks like EMF's Avondale flame thrower (KAIZ) is gaining audience with their Air One format. And it just wouldn't be right not to mention the consistency of Oldies 92~Seven/Lumberyard 14~Forty/93~Three HD~Too. That's gotta be a "kiss" for Mother Hubbard's cluster of rockers (right, John Davis?)

KSLX (whoosh-whoosh) is Number One-est in the insignificant 6+ May ratings https://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb057 A good monthly to be in the Classic Hits/Classic Rock format as KOOL scored well, too. The exception this time was KYOT down 1.2 (Beth must be happy as KEZ beat the Coyote). Looks like EMF's Avondale flame thrower (KAIZ) is gaining audience with their Air One format. And it just wouldn't be right not to mention the consistency of Oldies 92~Seven/Lumberyard 14~Forty/93~Three HD~Too. That's gotta be a "kiss" for Mother Hubbard's cluster of rockers (right, John Davis?)

If Gary Brobst were still alive, he'd be aflutter for an 'Arbitron Kiss.'

If I owned one of the rimshots ranked below the Goldmine, I'd be burning up the phone lines to John Sebastian and giving him the keys. Time to see if his 'Wow' format has legs.

If Gary Brobst were still alive, he'd be aflutter for an 'Arbitron Kiss.'

If I owned one of the rimshots ranked below the Goldmine, I'd be burning up the phone lines to John Sebastian and giving him the keys. Time to see if his 'Wow' format has legs.

Michael Mallace passed on MeTV FM. What makes you think he'd go for Sebastian's similar format? I do agree, being the #2 hip-hop station of two fairly low-rated hip-hop stations (6+, mind you) is not where you want to be forever.

Michael Mallace passed on MeTV FM. What makes you think he'd go for Sebastian's similar format? I do agree, being the #2 hip-hop station of two fairly low-rated hip-hop stations (6+, mind you) is not where you want to be forever.

Well, from a cluster strategy, there's some method to the madness. The Sierra H stations both attract Hispanic women, with one skewing younger and the other older. Replacing one of them with a format that goes after 55+ whites in a group where you make your money selling direct in combo is a tough call to make.

Well, from a cluster strategy, there's some method to the madness. The Sierra H stations both attract Hispanic women, with one skewing younger and the other older. Replacing one of them with a format that goes after 55+ whites in a group where you make your money selling direct in combo is a tough call to make.

That's the downside of having two stations with limited resources. It's easier to stick with what's not working because it can be sold as a combo instead of taking chances with something completely different.

That's the downside of having two stations with limited resources. It's easier to stick with what's not working because it can be sold as a combo instead of taking chances with something completely different.

The other reason you see stations stick with what they're doing is they'd rather keep revenue coming in over dropping everything to zero and having to start over. That goes for everyone regardless of size.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom