Thread: Classic Slacks Win 6+

Classic Slacks Win 6+

KSLX (whoosh-whoosh) is Number One-est in the insignificant 6+ May ratings https://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb057 A good monthly to be in the Classic Hits/Classic Rock format as KOOL scored well, too. The exception this time was KYOT down 1.2 (Beth must be happy as KEZ beat the Coyote). Looks like EMF's Avondale flame thrower (KAIZ) is gaining audience with their Air One format. And it just wouldn't be right not to mention the consistency of Oldies 92~Seven/Lumberyard 14~Forty/93~Three HD~Too. That's gotta be a "kiss" for Mother Hubbard's cluster of rockers (right, John Davis?)
    Dr. Akbar 'n Nurse Jeff
    The Middle Eastern Men of the Media
    Buckeye, AZ

Now in our 19th year of posting totally irrelevant comments. Someone had to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by DrAkbar View Post
    KSLX (whoosh-whoosh) is Number One-est in the insignificant 6+ May ratings https://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb057 A good monthly to be in the Classic Hits/Classic Rock format as KOOL scored well, too. The exception this time was KYOT down 1.2 (Beth must be happy as KEZ beat the Coyote). Looks like EMF's Avondale flame thrower (KAIZ) is gaining audience with their Air One format. And it just wouldn't be right not to mention the consistency of Oldies 92~Seven/Lumberyard 14~Forty/93~Three HD~Too. That's gotta be a "kiss" for Mother Hubbard's cluster of rockers (right, John Davis?)
    If Gary Brobst were still alive, he'd be aflutter for an 'Arbitron Kiss.'

If I owned one of the rimshots ranked below the Goldmine, I'd be burning up the phone lines to John Sebastian and giving him the keys. Time to see if his 'Wow' format has legs.
    The opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers. Retweets are not endorsements.

Quote Originally Posted by johndavis View Post
    If Gary Brobst were still alive, he'd be aflutter for an 'Arbitron Kiss.'

If I owned one of the rimshots ranked below the Goldmine, I'd be burning up the phone lines to John Sebastian and giving him the keys. Time to see if his 'Wow' format has legs.
    Michael Mallace passed on MeTV FM. What makes you think he'd go for Sebastian's similar format? I do agree, being the #2 hip-hop station of two fairly low-rated hip-hop stations (6+, mind you) is not where you want to be forever.
    The views expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.

Quote Originally Posted by EricStein View Post
    Michael Mallace passed on MeTV FM. What makes you think he'd go for Sebastian's similar format? I do agree, being the #2 hip-hop station of two fairly low-rated hip-hop stations (6+, mind you) is not where you want to be forever.
    Well, from a cluster strategy, there's some method to the madness. The Sierra H stations both attract Hispanic women, with one skewing younger and the other older. Replacing one of them with a format that goes after 55+ whites in a group where you make your money selling direct in combo is a tough call to make.
    The opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers. Retweets are not endorsements.

Quote Originally Posted by johndavis View Post
    Well, from a cluster strategy, there's some method to the madness. The Sierra H stations both attract Hispanic women, with one skewing younger and the other older. Replacing one of them with a format that goes after 55+ whites in a group where you make your money selling direct in combo is a tough call to make.
    That's the downside of having two stations with limited resources. It's easier to stick with what's not working because it can be sold as a combo instead of taking chances with something completely different.
    The views expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.

Quote Originally Posted by EricStein View Post
    That's the downside of having two stations with limited resources. It's easier to stick with what's not working because it can be sold as a combo instead of taking chances with something completely different.
    The other reason you see stations stick with what they're doing is they'd rather keep revenue coming in over dropping everything to zero and having to start over. That goes for everyone regardless of size.