Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: May ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Roddybob View Post
    I thought he was referring to "Far Away Eyes" from 1978. The Some Girls LP. That's a country song.....
    That's probably it. It's the flipside of "Miss You" and here it is: http://www.bing.com/search?pc=COS2&p...es&form=CONBDF

The whole Country-is-finge thingy always has me confused about national voting on "The Voice". Country artists often with (in my opinion, minimal singing chops) get propelled into the finals almost every season. So it's not voting based on talent … it's voting based on popularity and for some reason that audience is active on the phones/thumbs (likely correlation to high loyalty in country genre). But as a result has made it so I will record the Voice...only watch performances and move on. It's not an accurate reflection of judging talent. On the other hand, SONGLAND seems to get it much more accurately as the artist who will record gets to choose AFTER the pro's have had their shot at refining the record. Great show to watch how the creative process unfolds and not get wrapped up in Blake/Adam banter or Mel-B screaming 1980's slang.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEBOYBLUE View Post
    The whole Country-is-finge thingy always has me confused about national voting on "The Voice". Country artists often with (in my opinion, minimal singing chops) get propelled into the finals almost every season. So it's not voting based on talent … it's voting based on popularity and for some reason that audience is active on the phones/thumbs (likely correlation to high loyalty in country genre).]
    Look at the number of total votes and compare as a percentage of the population. As I said, country is a consensus format, so they are geese who fly together. Because they vote as a group, they are more likely to impact results. But in terms of total numbers, they're just a segment of the full population. If other genres behaved this way, they'd have more impact. At one time, rock was a consensus genre. Not any more.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123