• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Boston Radio Ratings May 2019.

All three books for WJMN that have had the Ashlee show have been WJMNs lowest numbers ever.

Any and everyone who knows Bostonians could ahve seen this coming. Her show failed before and WJMN is just trying to scale back the $$$ it puts into the station. Playing rhythmic, Having a goofball morning show that actively avoid the issues/news is not gonna work in 2019s social and musical climate. There aent many certifiable hip hop "hits" in the era of streaming" so its pointless to keep a tight playlist. Truly a trainwreck over there. I cant see anyway the station improves past a 2.5 book with its current set up. I think the sation will bottom out at 1.9-2.1.

You think they ever switch the format? Its such a strong signal going to waste...

I've seen rumors about iHeart possibly bringing WBZ to FM, maybe WJMN would be a good home? (Would be curious what calls they'd give it)

I was gonna say something similar about WODS. It is one of the last AMP stations (I don't see Entercom flipping KAMP since it has pretty good ratings), and like many of those that have flipped the ratings aren't stellar. I don't know what they'd flip it to, classic hits wouldn't be a terrible idea (though WROR seems to have that taken care of, would be interesting to see some competition on that front), soft AC would be interesting but I don't know how much overlap there would be with WMJX.

I've seen rumors about iHeart possibly bringing WBZ to FM, maybe WJMN would be a good home? (Would be curious what calls they'd give it).

IHeart really doesn't have a floundering FM in the cluster. JMN might not shine in the meaningless "beauty pageant" ratings, but I'm sure it's still billing quite well due to its young, advertiser-desirable audience. Moving a news/talker to FM isn't likely to improve its demographics, even if a few more elderly ears were to tune in to a more pleasant-sounding signal. Unless there is a sea change in the listening habits of the Sacred Sales Demo -- which right now scarcely listens to news at all -- WBZ will continue to grind it out on AM. It is in the same situation as WTIC Hartford, which is now practically the only AM signal people in that area ever tune to.

As for the call letters, who (in the Sacred Sales Demo) cares anymore? Might as well just retain WJMN, whisper them at the top of the hour, and rebrand as News Radio 94.5 at all other times.

IHeart really doesn't have a floundering FM in the cluster.

Then again, what iHeart has said in its opposition to the FCC loosening ownership rules is if companies are able to buy more FMs, there will be no motivation to keep AMs. So they might seek to buy an FM in Boston for WBZ's content.

I've seen rumors about iHeart possibly bringing WBZ to FM, maybe WJMN would be a good home? (Would be curious what calls they'd give it)

I was gonna say something similar about WODS. It is one of the last AMP stations (I don't see Entercom flipping KAMP since it has pretty good ratings), and like many of those that have flipped the ratings aren't stellar.

AMP 103.3 isn't billing horribly from what I've seen. No need to sound the alarms. And WBZ is saying put on AM. I don't think that JAM'N is in enough trouble that they need to make these modifications.

A.) AMP 103.3 isn't billing horribly from what I've seen. No need to sound the alarms.

B.) WBZ is saying put on AM.

C.) I don't think that JAM'N is in enough trouble that they need to make these modifications.

You don't offer much to back up these three pronouncements, but from my perspective, I disagree with all three!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom