Thread: Weekly IPAWS Test

Weekly IPAWS Test

Did the weekly National IPAWS/CAP test (6/10) run @ 11:00 AM ET?
    We did NOT receive it here --- our endec unit (Monroe One-Net) appears to be operating normally...
    This wouldn't be the first time the test has been missed being SENT.....but it's RARE!

FEMA has advised that the weekly CAP test did not run in the Eastern time zone only. It went out as normal in the other time zones.
    "A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." - Edward R. Murrow

Does CAP still run nets on SSB in the 4300-4600 KHz range? I used to listen to them and MARS nets just above the 3500-4000 ham band (80 meters) when I was an active SWL a couple of decades ago. (Apologies if the CAP being referred to here is not the Civil Air Patrol!)

Quote Originally Posted by dumber than a box of hair View Post
    FEMA has advised that the weekly CAP test did not run in the Eastern time zone only. It went out as normal in the other time zones.
    Many thanks for the info! At least I now know it's NOT my endec that has a problem!!

Quote Originally Posted by CTListener View Post
    Does CAP still run nets on SSB in the 4300-4600 KHz range? I used to listen to them and MARS nets just above the 3500-4000 ham band (80 meters) when I was an active SWL a couple of decades ago. (Apologies if the CAP being referred to here is not the Civil Air Patrol!)
    Nope...sorry.....the "CAP" we're referring to here is COMMON ALERT PROTOCOL, used in conjunction with the Emergency Alert System.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldie919 View Post
    Nope...sorry.....the "CAP" we're referring to here is COMMON ALERT PROTOCOL, used in conjunction with the Emergency Alert System.
    When I realized the this thread had started in the Engineering forum and not the SW/DXing forum, I got the feeling I might be mistaken, but left the post up just in case. Ooooops!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldie919 View Post
    Did the weekly National IPAWS/CAP test (6/10) run @ 11:00 AM ET?
    We did NOT receive it here --- our endec unit (Monroe One-Net) appears to be operating normally...
    This wouldn't be the first time the test has been missed being SENT.....but it's RARE!
    If you are the station Chief Operator, or have a lot of interest in EAS-activites; I recommend signing up for the EAS Re-mailer: https://lists.radiolists.net/mailman/listinfo/eas

If something unusual or upcoming is occurring related to EAS compliance, you'll get an E-mail accordingly. The Radiodiscussions forum site is mainly occupied by radio hobbyists, so getting relevant technical information quickly, especially regarding compliance issues, can be delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly A View Post
    If you are the station Chief Operator, or have a lot of interest in EAS-activites; I recommend signing up for the EAS Re-mailer: https://lists.radiolists.net/mailman/listinfo/eas

If something unusual or upcoming is occurring related to EAS compliance, you'll get an E-mail accordingly. The Radiodiscussions forum site is mainly occupied by radio hobbyists, so getting relevant technical information quickly, especially regarding compliance issues, can be delayed.
    Many thanks, Kelly A! Just subscribed!