• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Weekly IPAWS Test

Oldie919

Leading Participant
Did the weekly National IPAWS/CAP test (6/10) run @ 11:00 AM ET?
We did NOT receive it here --- our endec unit (Monroe One-Net) appears to be operating normally...
This wouldn't be the first time the test has been missed being SENT.....but it's RARE!

FEMA has advised that the weekly CAP test did not run in the Eastern time zone only. It went out as normal in the other time zones.

Does CAP still run nets on SSB in the 4300-4600 KHz range? I used to listen to them and MARS nets just above the 3500-4000 ham band (80 meters) when I was an active SWL a couple of decades ago. (Apologies if the CAP being referred to here is not the Civil Air Patrol!)

Does CAP still run nets on SSB in the 4300-4600 KHz range? I used to listen to them and MARS nets just above the 3500-4000 ham band (80 meters) when I was an active SWL a couple of decades ago. (Apologies if the CAP being referred to here is not the Civil Air Patrol!)

Nope...sorry.....the "CAP" we're referring to here is COMMON ALERT PROTOCOL, used in conjunction with the Emergency Alert System.

Nope...sorry.....the "CAP" we're referring to here is COMMON ALERT PROTOCOL, used in conjunction with the Emergency Alert System.

When I realized the this thread had started in the Engineering forum and not the SW/DXing forum, I got the feeling I might be mistaken, but left the post up just in case. Ooooops!

Did the weekly National IPAWS/CAP test (6/10) run @ 11:00 AM ET?
We did NOT receive it here --- our endec unit (Monroe One-Net) appears to be operating normally...
This wouldn't be the first time the test has been missed being SENT.....but it's RARE!

If you are the station Chief Operator, or have a lot of interest in EAS-activites; I recommend signing up for the EAS Re-mailer: https://lists.radiolists.net/mailman/listinfo/eas

If something unusual or upcoming is occurring related to EAS compliance, you'll get an E-mail accordingly. The Radiodiscussions forum site is mainly occupied by radio hobbyists, so getting relevant technical information quickly, especially regarding compliance issues, can be delayed.

If you are the station Chief Operator, or have a lot of interest in EAS-activites; I recommend signing up for the EAS Re-mailer: https://lists.radiolists.net/mailman/listinfo/eas

If something unusual or upcoming is occurring related to EAS compliance, you'll get an E-mail accordingly. The Radiodiscussions forum site is mainly occupied by radio hobbyists, so getting relevant technical information quickly, especially regarding compliance issues, can be delayed.

Many thanks, Kelly A! Just subscribed!:)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom